used Mosaics

I went by as soon as I read this, and there are a good number of sets there.  I picked up two old ones I didn't have (the Ike Quebec/John Hardee set on cd and the Ike Quebec 45 rpm set also on cd).  I told them while I was there they'd sell them quickly if they put them on line, but the guys at Music Millennium are, to say the least, laid back!  I didn't make a written list, but I saw the Gerry Mulligan/Chet Baker tentette set (which was the second set Mosaic ever did), the Mulligan Concert Jazz Band, the Roy Eldridge, the Sidney Bechet Blue Note (cd), the Baker/Freeman set, the Herbie Nichols, the Getz/Raney, the CBS Woody Shaw, the Serge Chaloff, the Buck Clayton (I think), the Capitol Benny Goodman Small Groups, the Peggy Lee/June Christy, the Piano Moods, the Johnny Hodges '56-'61, the Bunny Berigan, and a couple of older Fantasy/Riverside boxes (Pepper Galaxy box).  There may have been a few I'm not remembering.  I asked if all of them were out, and they said yes, though they also said they had a few more a couple of weeks before!  Arg.  Probably missed out on the chance to get the Albert Ammons/Meade Lux Lewis cd set at a good price!  But so it goes.

gregmo

• 2 weeks later...