gig alert: NYC area

fasstrack

I will be playing with old friend and marvelous bassist Sean Smith at Walker's Restaurant, tomorrow... (4/17) from 8-11 PM. Walker's is at 16 N. Moore St., Tribeca (corner of Varick, one block north of the Franklin St. stop on the #1 train). Just order a dessert and you are good. The food is excellent. Partial set list teaser: Twisted Blues, A Flower is a Lovesome Thing, Shelter (original), The Best Thing For You Would Be Me, Open Air (Tom Harrell), many others. Thank you for reading this. I hope some of you in the area can come to the gig.

Sincerely, Joel Fass
Edited by fasstrack

It was pretty good, once I calmed down (I had a comedy of errors trying to get to a NJ radio show. With all the transit mishaps I arrived an hour late, and my nerves were shot for the rest of the day).

Sean lets the guitarist (it's always him with a guitarist) lead the gig, and I knew this from having played there before. So I spent Saturday afternoon writing out charts. He ate them up. We played Wes Montgomery's Twisted Blues, Tom Harrell's Open Air, For Heaven's Sake, A lower is a Lovesome Thing, Caravan, Sondheim's Anyone Can Whistle, Stevie Wonder's Never Dreamed You'd Leave in Summer---just to name a few. 

Of course I'll keep the forum posted as to future gigs...