Standard Camera Film?

Back in the 1990s my brother-in-law bought me a Minolta Vectis 25 camera. Wanted to start using it again, what with the new house, new horse, and new puppy (on the way) but much to my chagrin the Fuji film I bought at Walgreens won't fit!(?)

The user's guide is long gone but I notice online this is referred to as an APS camera, does that reference a specific size of film that will fit? Or did standard film become not so standard in the many years since I actually used this? I honestly didn't think I needed to look for anything specific other than the film speed.

As always, thanks in advance!

APS was a film system that came out in the mid-90's.  Some camera manufacturers saw the writing on the wall as regards digital cameras, and tried to devise a system to make film cameras more convenient.  You simply dropped the film cartridge into the camera; it automatically loaded the film, and at the end of the roll, automatically slurped the exposed film back into the cartridge.  You dropped the cartridge off at the developer, and you got back your prints, a contact sheet with each photo numbered, and the developed film in the cartridge.  The idea being that if you wanted reprints, you'd simply tell the developer the numbers of the photos you wanted printed - you didn't have to handle the negatives.  The system also allowed three different sizes of photos, including panoramic, and you could combine them on the same roll of film.

More here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Photo_System

Yeah, I figured all of this out with a little more searching and a little more memory-jogging. Apparently the cameras weren't made after 2004 and the last to produce the APS film quit in 2011.  Tells you how long since I had actually used the camera.

Anyway I found film on Amazon but I wonder about developing it. The local Walgreens said they don't anymore.  There apparently is a camera shop in town that might, and I did find a website offering mail-in services.  Really can't decide if I want to burn thru a few rolls for old times sake or just embrace the digital and toss it.  Leaning toward the digital, especially since I just upgraded my phone and I also have a battery en route that will make Mom's digital camera functional again.

1 hour ago, Chuck Nessa said:

Find a professional photography studio - they do exist. We have about 50 undeveloped  rolls and hope some of them can be salvaged after all this time.

I found some undeveloped rolls of film in my parents' belongings, and had them developed two years ago.  One was from the 1965 World's Fair.  Such an eerie feeling to get back the prints!

30 minutes ago, mjzee said:

I found some undeveloped rolls of film in my parents' belongings, and had them developed two years ago.  One was from the 1965 World's Fair.  Such an eerie feeling to get back the prints!

90% of the rolls we have were taken by my wife Ann at concerts and the Chicago Jazz Festival in the '80s.

Definitely go digital.  I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who prefer film, out of inertia if nothing else.  But using a digital camera is so much easier if you're a hack like me. Hell, when I used film I never took the camera off auto.  With digital I can go ahead and take chances, see what the result is right away, and never have to worry about waiting (or paying for) development.  Definitely a step forward I'm happy to embrace!