I've Moved!!!

Some of you may know that I lived through some rough times in recent years.

Well, things have turned around for me in every way. My latest news is that I have moved (after living in a hellhole with dangerous roommates for 3 and 1/2 years) into a comfortable, clean apartment in the Norwood section of the Bronx. Roommate is a nice guy, and I can practice and compose---no sweat! Good shopping and accessibility to trains in the neighborhood, too.

I am a happy man today...  

Edited by fasstrack

17 minutes ago, Scott Dolan said:

Ahhhh...

So might this have played into your serious bout with insomnia?

No, the evil bastards have been gone for several months. The insomnia came about recently as I came into a creative period with my mind awake, alive, and very active.

I mean you can't know how horrible it was. The place was infested with bedbugs and roaches. Rats convened throughout the block (but, luckily, not in the apartment itself). I had to share my room with criminals. One guy, after smoking K2 all day, flipped my bed over with me in it---all b/c I didn't leave him alone in 'his' room quickly enough one morning. The other guy was a Jew-hater who told me he was going to throw me out in a garbage bag, stole money from me, and brought a knife into the room to use.

These people are the dross of the city shelter system in NYC. They are out of jails, violent, using substances, and extremely mentally unstable. A topic should be started on what a failure the shelter system is.

Again, it's all in the past now. You can see why I'm so thrilled...

Hi fasstrack, I didn't know about your difficult living situation. I'm happy to hear things have changed to the better and you can feel 'at home' finally. Hope the lack of sleep will be the next thing you'll resolve! Take care over there. :)
Kind regards, page