What Classical Music Are You Listening To?

StarThrower

• Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• Referentzhunter

• HutchFan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MjMtMTEzMi5qcGVn.jpeg

Clara Haskil - Philips Recordings 1951-1960

Disc 2
- Robert Schumann: Kinderszenen; Waldszenen
- Beethoven: Sonata No. 17 "Tempest"; Sonata No. 18

Haskil's playing reminds me of Géza Anda's (with whom she sometimes performed).  Their styles are extremely transparent -- like looking through pure water.

2 minutes ago, soulpope said:

These are "live" recordings from 1991, right .... ? If so never heard them ....

These recordings are from 1991 but studio ... recorded in Japan. I am not an expert in Bartok's stringquartets ... these recordings are growing on me little by little, especially the first ... 

Quote: Both the Penguin Guide and Gramophone Magazine have praised this recording (now reincarnated at super-bargain price on the Ultima label) as being 'echt'-Bartok, in the tradition of the Vegh quartet, but with richer, digital recording, a greater sense of vibrancy and truer intonation. 

Just now, Referentzhunter said:

These recordings are from 1991 but studio ... recorded in Japan. I am not an expert in Bartok's stringquartets ... these recordings are growing on me little by little, especially the first ... 

Quote: Both the Penguin Guide and Gramophone Magazine have praised this recording (now reincarnated at super-bargain price on the Ultima label) as being 'echt'-Bartok, in the tradition of the Vegh quartet, but with richer, digital recording, a greater sense of vibrancy and truer intonation. 

Thnx, interesting ....

2 minutes ago, Referentzhunter said:

I've been listening to some of his recordings and i've enjoyed them ! Do you prefer these or 'De Larrocha' or no preference for you ?

I'm glad having a choice between these recordings .... btw if being hard pressed likely the early Alicia De Larrocha performance would have the edge ....

Bye the way regarding my pervious message. This message/quote is incorrectly listed on Amazon and is about the 'Keller' recording ! 

Edited by Referentzhunter

1 hour ago, Referentzhunter said:

Bye the way regarding my pervious message. This message/quote is incorrectly listed on Amazon and is about the 'Keller' recording ! 

Thnx for the info .... btw was interested more in your personal impressions anyway 🤓 ....