Switched tracks on Kenny Burrell - Ode to 52nd Street?

Kyo

I own the 2nd side of this album twice - once on the actual Ode to 52nd Street CD edition and once on the Soulero CD (which omits the Suite for Guitar and Orchestra from the first side, but includes all of the album The Tender Gender instead). While comparing the two sound-wise I realized that the tracks I Want My Baby Back and Blues Fuse are switched. Since both are original compositions that don't seem to have been recorded at any other time, I'm not sure which track goes with which title. The liner notes don't help here as both are just briefly mentioned in the same sentence, rather emphasizing their similarities than any differences.

The original LP release list Blues Fuse as a 3:00 track (a single that included it does the same), with I Want My Baby Back being the longer of the two at 3:15. This matches the track names and (more or less) playing times of the Soulero CD, where I Want My Baby Back (the track starting off with a drum intro) is 3:25 long.

On the Ode to 52nd Street CD, the same piece (the one with the drum intro) is included as track 9, Blues Fuse. And track 5, I Want My Baby Back, in turn, is the piece that's referred to as Blues Fuse (track 9) on the Soulero CD.

Going by the music alone, the track listing on the Ode to 52nd Street CD seems to make more sense, even though it doesn't match the track lengths of the original LP - track 9, Blues Fuse, is a bluesy track here (the one with a drum intro), while the other track in question is pretty up-beat and melodic, not bluesy. So could it be that the CD reissue of Ode to 52nd Street is the first time they got the track titles assigned correctly? Or were they assigned that way on the LP already (I don't have a copy to check) and it was just the playing times that were switched? Was this maybe what led to a mix-up of the tracks for the Soulero release?

Edited by Kyo