2014 NFL Season

OK.

Niners suck, basically.

Owner Jed York and GM Trent Baalke are destroying the team once again by keeping a lousy OC Greg Roman, chasing Coach Jim Harbaugh and meddling in the day to day operations of the team. A pathetic 7-8 after three straight NFC title games and the solution is fire the coach? Wow.

Well, that's my NFL input for this year. Carry on.

Go (SF) Giants.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like the Seahawks will be back in the Super Bowl, with a great chance to win it. Their offense has gotten much better over the season, and the defense is absolutely incredible. Personally, I hope they face the Patriots in the big #XLIX, so that Tom Brady can join Peyton Manning in the ranks of "elite" losers.

Ndamukong Suh was suspended for one playoff game after he stepped on Aaron Rodgers' leg twice during yesterday's game. They should just kick him out of the league permanently. Players get hurt easily enough without a bum like him doing what he does.

While it seems a bit harsh, I do not disagree with your proposed punishment. He is a repeat offender, and it could be argued that he's the dirtiest player in the NFL.

Sitting him for a game is silly. They need to suspend him for an entire season and impose mandatory anger management counseling.

How this punishment can be explained when considering Josh Gordon's twelve game suspension is beyond comprehension.

It looks like the Seahawks will be back in the Super Bowl, with a great chance to win it. Their offense has gotten much better over the season, and the defense is absolutely incredible. Personally, I hope they face the Patriots in the big #XLIX, so that Tom Brady can join Peyton Manning in the ranks of "elite" losers.

I wouldn't start counting those chickens just yet. Green Bay and Dallas are playing at a pretty high level right now.

Don't know the man myself.

He earned a lot of goodwill from me for blowing open the teetering-doddering cesspool of cynical manipulatory hubris that was the last years of the to-me-reviled Landry/Schramm DieNasty, but has long ago squandered it all because, although he's never to my knowledge straight up told a lie, his habit of framing speculations and observations in the most sensationally bullshitty manner imaginable has rubbed me the wrong way almost as much as if he has, and probably cumulatively more so, because, you know, a man in his position can only tell so many lies and live to tell another one professionally, but a bullshitter like Sklippo here can just go on forever.

He did write one column about racing somebody up Central Expressway from Downtown Dallas to, I think, Plano, during the pre-rush hour afternoon, that was as funny in the reading as it probably was foolhardy in the doing. But you live around here long enough, you get used to seeing it, and I'd be the lier if I said that in my younger days I didn't ever open it up and do the bob-and-weave @ 90+ my own self once or twice.

But, you know, that was then...

Unbelievable. $70,000 is nothing to him. Like maybe $70 to the rest of us. He's not a repeat offender because he's gone two years without being fined or suspended, even though he's been fined 8 times and suspended once for two games prior to that. The NFL is a joke.

Unbelievable. $70,000 is nothing to him. Like maybe $70 to the rest of us. He's not a repeat offender because he's gone two years without being fined or suspended, even though he's been fined 8 times and suspended once for two games prior to that. The NFL is a joke.

Unfortunately, we've known the NFL is a joke for far too long. I thought Tagliabue was a disaster, until Goodell took over. I remember in hindsight Rozelle ended up looking pretty good when compared to Tagliabue. And Goodell is doing the same thing for Tagliabue, something I would have found impossible years ago.

And yeah, isn't that whole 32 month thing they wrote into the rules a load of shit?!

Again, Josh Gordon got 12 games for weed.

Oh, The Regime were backstabbing players in all kinds of ways to keep them locked up at bargain prices, the team had lost all faith in The Regime. Landry was out in a world of his own and everything, everything was broke and not gonna get fixed. It was just a sick, sinking ship, getting more sick and more sunk every day.

Skip was the only one in the press not toeing the party line, he dropped it all out there for everybody to see, and it made him an easy target. You can say that he was an asshole, and no doubt eh was and still is. But time has proven him right about this one thing. Credit due where credit due.

Still, stopped clock right twice a day, etc.When Mark Cuban - another guy I'm not totally fond of - took him to school, ate his lunch money, and shat it back onto him, that was sweet as sweet got.

Was that before or after Dallas?

"In 1998, Bayless chose to leave Dallas after 17 years and become the lead sports columnist for the Chicago Tribune."

Ah, ok. He was probably permanently rurnt by then.

Funny, his brother seems like such a nice guy.

• 2 weeks later...

The Ongoing Curse Of Jerry Jones has upped itself up a notch from comically absurd to sinister. Cowboys fans would be well-served to get the pitchforks, stakes, and focused laserdeath rays ready before more innocent people get hurt. Give Satan what he paid for, now, and let this team finally be able to play some natural football.

To this relative novice, Fox does look good on a sideline, but something for sure didn't go right in Denver this year and maybe before that there as well.

Things obviously went pretty well there last year since they made a Superbowl appearance. ;)

The problem is Peyton Manning is 38 y.o., and his career is essentially over. Now that Fox has been jettisoned, that will perhaps seal the deal for Manning. Unless Gace stays and takes over the reins. The last thing Peyton would have any patience for at this point in his career is learning a new playbook. And I believe Thomas and Thomas are both FAs this offseason. Losing either would be a pretty huge blow to that offense.

Edited by Scott Dolan