Ordering from HMV Japan

I'm having difficulties in ordering through the HMV Japan website and wondered whether anyone can help me.

I've set up all my details, put my order in the cart but am stuck on the "Change/Register Delivery Address" page. Whatever I do I can't get the system to accept my address.

I seem to recall that someone here mentioned a similar problem a while back... Anyone got an answer?

I'm having difficulties in ordering through the HMV Japan website and wondered whether anyone can help me.

I've set up all my details, put my order in the cart but am stuck on the "Change/Register Delivery Address" page. Whatever I do I can't get the system to accept my address.

I seem to recall that someone here mentioned a similar problem a while back... Anyone got an answer?

I`ve experienced similar problems in the past - sometimes, if loging out and in again, after a few attempts, it would allow me to go to the "adress" page...i could not find any reasoning for that.....this experiences made me try out cdjapan and based on their custoner friendly webstore I´ve made most orders via there...in case it`s an older release sometimes this is stocked only via hmvjapan which brings us back to step 1 :-(.....

No experience with HMV Japan but cdjapan works well. As soulpope says, customer friendly.

Yes, I order from CDJapan all the time and everything works fine. Unfortunately they tend to sell out of new releases very quickly; HMV Japan seem to have quite a bit of back stock that I'm interested in.

This is SO frustrating......perhaps I'll e-mail them to see whether they can help.

No experience with HMV Japan but cdjapan works well. As soulpope says, customer friendly.

Yes, I order from CDJapan all the time and everything works fine. Unfortunately they tend to sell out of new releases very quickly; HMV Japan seem to have quite a bit of back stock that I'm interested in.

This is SO frustrating......perhaps I'll e-mail them to see whether they can help.

In case of HMV Japan you probably could hit the language barier rather quickly...

In case of HMV Japan you probably could hit the language barier rather quickly...

Correct.

I don't think they could care less about selling outside Japan.

They are running the mail order side in conjunction with Lawson's convenience stores.

If you are out all day and don't want to use the regular mail, you can have your stuff sent to the nearest Lawsons, and pay over the counter if you like.

It's a great system- if you live in Japan. I'd offer to help but I don't know how much use it would be.

BTW, the main mega shop in Shibuya closed a couple of years ago, a sign all is not well for them.

Well, that doesn't sound very promising. I DID e-mail them but have had nothing back yet. If they're not interested in selling outside Japan I wonder why they have an English version of their website?

The problem boils down to your not being able to enter a UK style address, if I'm correct.

Clearly they must have two sites, one for Japanese addresses and one for foreign addresses. Maybe the problem is that you have ended up trying to enter a foreign address on a page only designed to accept Japanese ones. The layout and style of addresses here is completely different to the number/street/city/postal code type used in UK. Here it's division within the postal area/sub division/number of house or apt/postal area/city or town/prefecture/post code.

I know this is little help but it might at least throw some light on the problem. If you were able to post the layout of the address page it might help determine if my idea is correct.

I've had past problems with US sites where non US style addresses were automatically rejected.

Edited by kinuta

When you create a Lawson's account you have already entered your western style address. Once on HMV's website I get stuck at the following page. As you can see there is no continue button, and 'Send to Billing Address' has no effect. (Clicking the blue "Shipping Domestic' letters lets you enter a Japanese style address.)

image.jpg

Edited by erwbol

When you create a Lawson's account you have already entered your western style address. Once on HMV's website I get stuck at the following page. As you can see there is no continue button, and 'Send to Billing Address' has no effect. (Clicking the blue "Shipping Domestic' letters lets you enter a Japanese style address.)

image.jpg

Yes, that's exactly my problem too!

image.jpg

Have you tried using a different browser? That's probably not the issue, but since you mentioned the "Send to Billing Address" button doesn't do anything when clicked, it's the first thing I'd try to rule out the browser not playing well with the site.

Edited by Dave Garrett

image.jpg

Have you tried using a different browser? That's probably not the issue, but since you mentioned the "Send to Billing Address" button doesn't do anything when clicked, it's the first thing I'd try to rule out the browser not playing well with the site.

The "Send to Billing Adrress' button returns you to the same page, so it does work in a sense. Whatever option I click, I never make it past the 'delivery' stage in the checkout process. I've tried using Safari, Firefox & Chrome.

Edited by erwbol

That web site is a waste of time.

Surprisingly I've just discovered that Lawson's have bought out HMV Japan and the speculation on why they are being used for delivery is now explained, well maybe.

Hence the puzzling web site. It still doesn't explain why the site isn't working but the possible explanation of early teething problems looks more plausible.

I also found out that a brand new HMV opened in Shibuya on August the 2nd.

interview140807_hmv_7747-640x426.jpg?4c7

If the heat isn't too unbearable I'll have a walk down and see if I can find someone to explain what the problem is with the site.

It really depends on getting hold of the right person, the counter girls are useless.

If I manage to come up with a solution I'll post it. Keep your fingers crossed.

Edited by kinuta