RIP Mickey Rooney

RIP Mickey.

According to the news he had only18 k left of what he made throughout his career. He nearly outlived his savings.

There was a time when he didn't have any savings, dead broke, used to take "personal appearance" gigs, a hundred bucks to show up at a party and pretend to be an invited guest, a "friend" of the host.

I'm of the impression that the man had no good business sense whatsoever about what to do with his money after he made it. None. So, 18K is something of a pleasant surprise, really.

RIP Mickey.

According to the news he had only18 k left of what he made throughout his career. He nearly outlived his savings.

There was a time when he didn't have any savings, dead broke, used to take "personal appearance" gigs, a hundred bucks to show up at a party and pretend to be an invited guest, a "friend" of the host.

I'm of the impression that the man had no good business sense whatsoever about what to do with his money after he made it. None. So, 18K is something of a pleasant surprise, really.

It's not so much that he had no good business sense as that he had big, expensive, self-destructive appetites -- like eight wives and a huge gambling problem.

It's not so much that he had no good business sense as that he had big, expensive, self-destructive appetites -- like eight wives and a huge gambling problem.

Where I come from, a person having a good business sense is inextricably tied to them being able to finance their appetites and their related self-destructions your own self...by any means necessary, up to and including getting somebody else to foot the bill and assume all the risk!