Bobby Bradford / Frode Gjerstad Quartet - Buffalo, NY

"...including departed members"

You mean...from beyond the grave? (gulp)

No I meant an old regular contributor (and mail order customer) from Buffalo who left (maybe after trying to rip me a new one) and I figured he was still here. He was a great addition to the conversations of post '60s music and I miss him.

Are there any dates in other cities? I know Bradford will be in the DC area, but anyplace else?

Mar 23 Austin, TX

Mar 24 Austin, TX day concert, then Dallas, TX for a double bill with Dennis Gonzalez

Mar 25 TBD

Mar 26 Detroit, MI

Mar 27 Buffalo, NY

Mar 29 Philly, PA

Mar 30 Baltimore, MD

Are there any dates in other cities? I know Bradford will be in the DC area, but anyplace else?

Mar 23 Austin, TXMar 24 Austin, TX day concert, then Dallas, TX for a double bill with Dennis GonzalezMar 25 TBD

Mar 26 Detroit, MIMar 27 Buffalo, NY Mar 29 Philly, PAMar 30 Baltimore, MD The March 25th TBD is Houston. I will be driving from San Antonio to the March 23rd show in Austin and the March 25th show in Houston.

Edited by charlesp

Mar 23 Austin, TX

Mar 24 Austin, TX day concert, then Dallas, TX for a double bill with Dennis Gonzalez

Mar 25 TBD

Mar 26 Detroit, MI

Mar 27 Buffalo, NY

Mar 29 Philly, PA

Mar 30 Baltimore, MD

Thanks. Unfortunately does not look like he will be anywhere within reasonable driving distance to me.

Went to the performance in Buffalo last night. Very nice. This was my first experience with a free jazz performance and I found it really interesting.

After the show, I got to meet Chuck Nessa and his wife backstage - as well as Bobby Bradford.

Great night all the way around

Just got back a little whole ago from the Bradford-Gjerstad-Rosaly -IHF show in Baltimore. When I left the house in NoVa, it was snowing (!) briskly, by the time I rounded the Beltway, it had turned into a driving rain and stayed that way all the way to Baltimore and back. The gig, however, more than made up for the dismal weather. A very, very fine set. Everyone played beautifully individually and as an ensemble.Really, everything seemed to click nicely. The show was recorded, so I assume that you might be able to hear it on a CD in the not too distant future.

BTW, Frode usually shows up with a virtual record store of CDs and LPs. The last time he was in Baltimore, with PNL, he brought some incredible stuff. This time he said he sold over 100 CDs at the prior stops of the tour, leaving us in Baltimore with....not much. <_< I did leave with a Chicago Sextet LP and a CD by Mars Williams, looking forward to hearing them.