Who Else Agrees That Virginia Gregg Was Great?

JSngry

70s Jack Webb shows, even more at least...I've gotten to where I can spot her even before the close-up, and I give an extra stop to pay attention, because I know I'm in for a rare treat of TV acting.

Apparently she was all over the place all over the times, but I do not know about that, at least not consciously. But I do know skills, and she really had them!

IMG_6280.PNG

gregg.jpg

virginia-gregg.jpg

IMG_8759.PNG

I listen to Radio Classics on SiriusXM, and Gregg is all over those old radio shows. On her birthday, they play a lot of shows that feature her, and she's all over various shows throughout the year. A lot of Jack Webb actors made the change over from the radio show to tv, I always recognize their voices. I think she even appears in Webb's old radio show, Pat Novak For Hire, which is an unbelievable, over the top show, based in San Francisco.

I have no knowledge of her television work, but I remember her well as CBS's leading radio actress in the '50s. For example, she was Miss Wong on Have Gun Will Travel.

It seems to me that she also had a large role in the movie Operation Petticoat.

her Girdle saved the day!

Have seasons 3 and 4 of Dragnet(they were really cheap at Target at one point) and no joke, she was in back to back episodes!(as different characters) The 2nd one, she kept sunglasses on throughout the show. I still figured out who it was though! ;)

Edited by BERIGAN

• 2 months later...

I have no knowledge of her television work, but I remember her well as CBS's leading radio actress in the '50s. For example, she was Miss Wong on Have Gun Will Travel.

It seems to me that she also had a large role in the movie Operation Petticoat.

Operation Petticoat will be released on DVD and Blu-Ray July 1.

http://www.amazon.com/Operation-Petticoat-Tony-Curtis/dp/B00K6J7Q1Q/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1400351566&sr=1-2