My new books will be available -

AllenLowe

"Allen Lowe is the Harry Smith of the 21st Century" - Frank Scott, Roots and Rhythm

I was going to bump this but couldn't find the original, sorry - still offering pre-order bargains on my upcoming 2 books:

1) Really the Blues?

A Horizontal Chronicle of the Vertical Blues 1893-1959

and:

2) God Didn’t Like It:

Electric Hillbillies, Singing Preachers,

and the Beginnings of Rock and Roll,

1950-1970

I expect to have them available by late October or early November; we have enough pre-orders now, I am glad to say, to go ahead with publication,

both will be linked with a web site with substantial musical samples (over 800 for the blues book alone). when they come out it will be $19.95 for each title plus shipping; order in advance, both for $30 plus shipping ($8 in the USA, $20 to Europe).

email me at allenlowe5@maine.rr.com; my paypal is alowe5@maine.rr.com

Edited by AllenLowe

Please, Fer. ;)

Don't get him on that track. :lol:

It seems Allen had that idea originally for the blues book but things worked out better for a printed version somehow (to my VERY great relief - though admittedly that's only me. ;) ).

At any rate, I'll be looking forward for them, Allen, so please keep us posted when they will actually be ready for shipment. In the meantime I'll free up some space on my (already overcrowded) music book shelves.

Please, Fer. ;)

Don't get him on that track. :lol:

It seems Allen had that idea originally for the blues book but things worked out better for a printed version somehow (to my VERY great relief - though admittedly that's only me. ;) ).

At any rate, I'll be looking forward for them, Allen, so please keep us posted when they will actually be ready for shipment. In the meantime I'll free up some space on my (already overcrowded) music book shelves.

OK, OK... :w