The Complete Lester Young on Savoy has incorrect track listing but why

medjuck

Ok so they made a mistake on both the outside and the insert of the double disc cd. Empty Hearted is not the 13th cut

on disc one-- it's the 20th, so every cut between those two numbers is incorrectly listed. However when I insert the

disc into my computer, iTunes lists the cuts the same way as the package. Is that because the discs are entered into

the data base manually?

The first disc of the Vocalion Benny Goodman In Moscow thing loads up as a totally different album altogether, Something called Seven Come Eleven.Disc1. Disc two is correct, which is a drag because Disc 1 is the one with most all the stuff on it that I really listen to a lot. So I can fix it in iTunes for the iPod, but not for my hard copy viewing pleasure.

Often the information is not embedded in the discs and iTunes gets it instead from the CDDB database. The CDDB database relies on users to send in the data. So the likely story is as follows: One of the first people who loaded the set into iTunes got the message that CDDB database does not yet have the information. So he or she entered it manually based on what is (incorrectly) listed on the disc package. CDDB took that information and has distributed it for all subsequent inquiries.