Congratulations UKers. Your Future Son and Heir Has Been Born

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kurt.

So he (or rather his parents) can show there are some musical inclinations to soothe the rock tastes of a generation not so far ago and not that old yet. :g

Other musically inclined "king"-ish names such as Crimson or even Perry or Kolax might be a bit too far back in time by now. ;)

Edited by Big Beat Steve

Prince schmince. I can't believe there are people out there who give a shit. I mean, people take time out of their lives to go and hang out at the hospital, or in the Middletons' home village. What the fuck for? What the fuck could it possibly have to do with you? Excuse the profanity, but the UK populace's interest in the Royals has always pushed my buttons.

Phew

According to Reuters, analysts say the hype around the birth of the future monarch could jumpstart the British economy by 240 million pounds, or up to $400 million.

According to Reuters, analysts say the hype around the birth of the future monarch could jumpstart the British economy by 240 million pounds, or up to $400 million.

Sure. An economy can thrive on selling (yet more) mugs with the (soon to be outdated) picture of an infant ... :lol:

Well, an economy can thrive on practically anything, provided it can thrive on it :)

But 240 million sounds far-fetched to me. Do these analysts know by how much the UK economy was boosted by the birth of William?

MG

Sure. An economy can thrive on selling (yet more) mugs with the (soon to be outdated) picture of an infant ... :lol:

Well, an economy can thrive on practically anything, provided it can thrive on it :)

But 240 million sounds far-fetched to me. Do these analysts know by how much the UK economy was boosted by the birth of William?

MG

Not far fetched....

http://www.reuters.com/video/2013/07/23/the-queen-of-royal-souvenirs?videoId=196106172&videoChannel=2602

Edited by Blue Train

Don't underestimate the royal tyke's earning power, or that of his family. According to the Telegraph: The British tourism agency has reported that the royal family generates close to 500 million pounds, or about $767 million, every year in tourism revenue, drawing visitors to historic royal sites like the Tower of London, Windsor Castle, and Buckingham Palace. The country's tourism agency says that of the 30 million foreign visitors who came to Britain in 2010, 5.8 million visited a castle. Tourism is the third-biggest industry in the U.K., the tourism board claims, and supports about 2.6 million jobs -- or about one in 12.

I guess they picked the 'Alexander' bit from the last Tsar and the 'Louis' must have come from Lord Mountbatten. Covering all bases...

More likely in honor of the Queen since one of her names is Alexandra. It's probably a combination of Lord Mountbatten, or his father Prince Louis of Battenberg who was William's great-great grandfather.

Edited by Blue Train