Clapton/Marsalis thread gone

fasstrack

Rick is not treating Chicago well?

He treats us all too well. The times I've eaten at Frontera Grill and Topolabambo, I thought I was in paradise. BTW, I just discovered that his older brother is the infamous Skip Bayless.

You are really late to that game.

You should have worked at a paper where Skip had a column. His colleagues when he was at the Trib despised him. Interesting that this situation would be echoed at the Sun-Times with Mariotti.

Yeah, the whole Skip/Rick dichotomy is a trip, especially when both were just "local" guys. Skip was actually not a total douche then, but Rick was never anything but great. They've since gone off to be more of what they origianlly were, which is I guess how life works unless a real soulfuck comes along.

My wife was in Chicago last year for an overnight business trip and they went to Frontera on a Tuesday nioght. She called me back after the meal and was quite impressed, and LTB is pretty finicky when it comes to that cuisine. Plus, she's a vegetarian, and they took a special order from/for her with nothing but aplomb and graciousness.

So, yeah, fuck Skip Bayless. :g