Annette Funicello has died at 70

Ebert, Margaret Thatcher, now Annette -- discuss.

Ebert was a different week, but two big deaths in the same day always squeezes one out. If I am not mistaken, Farah Fawcett and Michael Jackson died the same day and MJ got all the headlines.

I suspect it will be the same today with Thatcher dominating (naturally ;) ).

Sorry to see her go. I knew she was battling MS, but wasn't aware it had gotten to a point where it could take her life. My Father-in-Law died a couple years ago for the same reasons.

BTW, she apparently was living only 75 miles away from where I live.

Rest in Peace, Annette

I got for Christmas a DVD box set of all of the Frankie and Annette movies. I'm glad that she got to know, in a very small way, that she still had a fan! RIP

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/04/08/report-annette-funicello-dead-at-age-70/?intcmp=features

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000PMFRXS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Every boy of my generation came of age watching Annette on the Mickey Mouse Club, and we all had a crush.

About a half hour ago I clicked on a news item on Comcast's home page (where I get my e-mail) concerning Annette's death. It brought me to a clip from Fox News, on which the reporter, while showing a series of clips covering her career, identified her beach movies co-star as "Frankie Valli".

A-a-a-a-rgh!

About a half hour ago I clicked on a news item on Comcast's home page (where I get my e-mail) concerning Annette's death. It brought me to a clip from Fox News, on which the reporter, while showing a series of clips covering her career, identified her beach movies co-star as "Frankie Valli".

A-a-a-a-rgh!

For sure...summer is only ONE season...