Father Hacks 'Donkey Kong' to Let Daughter Play as Girl

They're still there, hardware & software both, and barring the occasional true "collectable" for not a whole lot of money. We've got a few local places where you can buy an old NES console w/controllers & connectors for between 50-75 bucks, warrantied. Games are usually 5 bucks or less.

And don't even get started with emulators...

I was referring to the old arcade games.

Man, I've always dreamed of having a miniature arcade in my basement. I'd love to have a Galaga machine, Donkey Kong (and Donkey Kong Jr.), Pac Man, Defender, etc...

Sears used to sell a standup cabinet that came loaded with a bunch of game, but I'm not sure if they do anymore.

I was referring to the old arcade games.

Man, I've always dreamed of having a miniature arcade in my basement. I'd love to have a Galaga machine, Donkey Kong (and Donkey Kong Jr.), Pac Man, Defender, etc...

Sears used to sell a standup cabinet that came loaded with a bunch of game, but I'm not sure if they do anymore.

They can be yours -- just $2000-3000: http://www.thepinballcompany.com/classic-arcades.aspx . I imagine there are kits you could put one together for less.

Great thread!!! I either owned, played, or was familiar with everything mentioned there.

My very first game was the one that had a periscope you looked through and you used it to shoot little missiles up at boats passing along the water's surface. Can't recall the name at all.

Aunt and uncle had a pong console.

First console was the incomparable Atari 2600 with the most horrendous Pac Man knock off of all time...

Ah, good times.

Mappy...