Amazon widget

Jim Alfredson

Y'all may have noticed the Amazon widget on the right side of the main index screen here at the forums. Some might remember that we once had a search function on the older forum where you could query Amazon and any purchases made using that query would result in a small "commission" from the sale going towards the forum. The new widget on the main page is the same concept.

This will help fund the forum. So if you're doing any shopping via Amazon this holiday season, please consider using the widget. I believe you only have to use it one time. Once you arrive at Amazon via the widget, all other purchases made during that session (ie, as long as you keep your browser open) are automatically credited to the organissimo account.

Thanks!

If you are using a program like AdBlock you will probably not see it.

Yep, that's it. I disabled Adblock for this board and the widget appeared. Unfortunately, at the bottom of the page all kinds of ads appeared as well... I'd like to help the board, but this is a major nuisance.

Edited by J.A.W.

Ok, I've got none of that stuff on the right side of my screen. None. And I can't find any setting to adjust to make it show up. Help, please?

I'd like this widget, because I buy a fair amount of all kinds of stuff from Amazon, and can just as easily use this widget for "ceramic Christmas tree bulbs" as I can "Miles Davis".

I see it when I first arrive but the right column disappears when I click View New Content. Google Chrome.

That's normal.

So are the ones not seeing compromised in some way? I'm especially concerned now because I am at work and I can see the widget.

And Sangrey, I think he works from home so he won't have access unless we get this fixed. :g

I don't think so. It's just my server.