JR Ewing - The Actor Who Played Larry Hagman - Is Dead Now

JSngry

Although he will always be remembered as one of tv's greatest villians, the part that sticks in my mind is the Russian language translator to Henry Fonda in ' Failsafe'.

RIP Larry Hagman.

Yeah, that was a good role!

I also mainly remember him as Major Nelson from "I Dream of Jeannie." Never watched "Dallas."

Southfork Ranch (it's a real place) did record tour business over the weekend. Fans came from all over the world. Or at least, they were in town for the holiday from all over the world, and made it a point to get to Southfork. Either way, Southfork had not seen Dallas-related visitation business like that for several decades now, and has been serving as an events/banquet facility (my son's high school band banquets were always held there).

Presently, this title is "JR Ewing - the actor who played Larry Hagman - is dead now."

Some of us would have said, "Larry Hagman - the actor who played JR Ewing - is dead now." :lol:

I don't know, I kinda liked the idea that J.R. was not only a brilliant businessman, bedded a lot of hot chicks and was such a schmuck, but also was an actor portraying Larry Hagman. :P

It was weird living in th Dallas area when the show hit...we went from being The City That Killed Kennedy to Home Of God's Team & J.R. Ewing in the span of less than five years. Money came out of the woodwork, not all of it local, and there was quite a party. for almost a decade.

Kennedy's still dead, the Cowboys have sucked for almost a quarter century, & J.R. Ewing is still revered, more now than ever. And yet tourists still come to get a taste of it.

They drive by Parkland and get all misty-eyed, but if they dared go inside, they would see a real-time, real-life horror. But they never do. They usually head over to Sonny Bryan's and fall in love with meat. Oh, the irony!

Chumps.

Great HuffPo obit:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/24/larry-hagman-dead-dies_n_2180944.html

Hagman told the Times that after death he wanted his remains to be "spread over a field and have marijuana and wheat planted and harvest it in a couple of years and then have a big marijuana cake, enough for 200 to 300 people. People would eat a little of Larry."

• 1 month later...