Scheduled upgrade for 9am EST tomorrow

Jim Alfredson

Tomrrow, Nov 8 2012, 9am EST the board will be upgraded to the latest version. This will induce some changes to the layout (much cleaner, imo) but should not result in any issues otherwise. The board will probably be offline for a short while, no more than one or two hours at the most. Thanks!

Edited by Jim Alfredson
New time

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No, it has not happened yet. They did mention they had a backlog of update requests in the queue, so it appears they haven't gotten to us yet. If you look at the very bottom of the screen on the right, you'll see the version number, which is IP.Board 3.1.4. The newest version is 3.4.0. For a preview of what it looks like, check out he community forum at the Invision website.

http://community.invisionpower.com/

Hopefully they'll get around to it today.

Have to get used to the changes... were they really necessary?

One thing I regret is that when you check a page you are not directed to the last current post but to the top of the last page :o

That's not the case for me. For instance, I came to this thread from "View New Content," and when I clicked on "Today, 12:27 PM" under your name (to the right of the thread title) it took me directly to your post above.

Edited by jeffcrom

But after I posted above, I clicked on "View New Content" again, and this thread had disappeared from that list. Weird.

And it looks like I'm in trouble - if the new version has spell-check, I can't find it. That's a problem for me, because my spelling is atroshious atrotious really bad.

Just figured out the first part of the above. When I changed the option from "Content I haven't read" to "New since my last visit," it showed back up.

Now if someone finds spell-check capability, let me know.

Edited by jeffcrom