Who Will Mourn George Whitmore?

This touched me as much as anything in print media has in a while. About the life and death of a guy railroaded by a racist 1964 N.Y. justice system into confessing to murders and an attempted rape. He spent 9 years in jail before being cleared, and was broken but not embittered. He was front-page news back then but recently died w/o a murmur from the press. The author of a book on Whitmore's life and times, T.J. English, wrote this moving tribute, which appears on p. A 21 in the print edition. Will someone w/a computer please post a link?

According to his amazon.com page T.J. English writes a lot about organized crime activity. He's author of 2 books on Irish gangs: The Westies-which, I take it, is well-known, and Paddy Whacked. There's one on the Italian-American mafia and how they lost Cuba to the revolution: Havana Nocturne. The book on Whitmore-of whom I'd never heard but he made me care about-probably as good a description as any of good writing-is Savage City. Judging from the passion and skill he showed even in the 'tight writing' required in op-ed writing they should all be well-worth reading.