Ignored users

fasstrack

I'm going to be a gentleman about this because I am one, and not name names. I am very offended and pissed about the following: There is a member here who has engaged in ad hominen attacks against me and my posts since I joined in '04. I have nothing against the guy, he's quite admirable generally. We tried to work it out in posts, but didn't, so I decided to do the adult thing and put him on ignore. Figured that would be the end-I'm not here to fight but to exchange ideas w/people whose opinions I respect. Last night on a topic I started he wrote 'message to editors' and commenced a publicly viewable complaint that I have him 'blocked'. (I only saw lt when he was quoted-ignore blocks only original messages) I find this inappropriate, offensive. Write a PM to the admin.-or me even. I'm a big boy. Don't put my business on the street. Who I choose to ignore or why (he's the only one on the entire board BTW) is my business and my right. So I brought what went down to the att. of and admin., who I've had cordial

Edited by fasstrack

Pt. 2: we've had cordial relations, etc. This guy didn't see any harm in what was done and cavalierly told me if I didn't like his response complain to so-and-so. WTF? I don't excpect the guy to take my side. I DO expect an admin. to take a complaint seriously and not the frankly chickenshit respose. My follow up PM to say I don't see why I should complain again and I won't-who has time for such BS?-was unanswered. I believe in free speech, but it carries a responsibility of courteous self-editing-especially in publicly viewable media. If I complain about someone's behavior to the person charged w/monitoring same and get fluffed off to me it's saying some people have more rights here than others, some less. Bullshit. Can we keep the threads on topic please, w/o members going through this fol-de-rol? And I suggest the other guy just ignore ME-a civilized, adult solution. Hell, I'd PAY the MF (;

Edited by fasstrack

Speaking of toys...I've started lloking for a reasonably priced Changeable Charlie set (Haslam edition preferred,as it's what I had as a kid). If you know of one, let me know. I want the box too, complete. Doesn't have to be in great shape, just complete. I want to have a Changeable Charlie face by my side to match my mood for the day.

changeable+charlie+face.jpg

I'm going to be a gentleman about this because I am one, and not name names. I am very offended and pissed about the following: There is a member here who has engaged in ad hominen attacks against me and my posts since I joined in '04. I have nothing against the guy, he's quite admirable generally. We tried to work it out in posts, but didn't, so I decided to do the adult thing and put him on ignore. Figured that would be the end-I'm not here to fight but to exchange ideas w/people whose opinions I respect. Last night on a topic I started he wrote 'message to editors' and commenced a publicly viewable complaint that I have him 'blocked'. (I only saw lt when he was quoted-ignore blocks only original messages) I find this inappropriate, offensive. Write a PM to the admin.-or me even. I'm a big boy. Don't put my business on the street. Who I choose to ignore or why (he's the only one on the entire board BTW) is my business and my right. So I brought what went down to the att. of and admin., who I've had cordial

I can't see how complaining about being blocked constitutes a "personal attack". As far as wanting things to be kept private, why on earth would you create a thread about this matter? :wacko: I had no idea the exchange you speak of had taken place, but now I do, and so does everybody else. From what I've observed, you've been increasingly reactive and sometimes provocative over the past several weeks. You have every right to post whatever you want, but don't be surprised or claim to be offended when others respond. And if you think people's comments are "off topic", you may want to look at how you call attention to yourself, rather than the message you're trying to communicate.