oh no!!! it's in the dryer

this morning, i hurriedly hand washed and threw some shorts in the dryer.

an hour later, while preparing to go to the gym, my trusty little rca pearl mp3 player went missing. it's inexpensive, durable, economical, and a perfect companion. at 5 or 6 years old, i can't find another so easy to use. the fm tuner is tolerable, it records off the radio, or a conversation or two easily, all for 15 bucks, if you can get one. one aaa battery lasts 50 hours, and a rechargeable or two, 'forever.' what a downer to start a day.

on opening the dryer 40 minutes later, there was an unattached green rechargable NIMH battery and a player with unattached back cover.

they weren't melted!!!!! i popped the player, minus battery, into a usb port. it lit up!!!!! the files showed in the drive, and it played!!!!

what have you accidentally thrown in the dryer? were you so lucky????

TH1702_1.pngTH1702_3.png

TH1702_5.png

Edited by alocispepraluger102

Not exactly from a dryer - I recently spilled some (fortunately clear) water on my trousers, the left pocket was soaking wet, with my mobile phone in it. This Nokia slide phone shut off, and couldn't be recactivated, and wouldn't load the almost empty battery, at least at first. I took a deep breath, got some Kleenex, cautiously wiped off everything I could, took off the lid and the battery out and put everything over a soft lamp to dry all the parts at moderate temperature. After several hours I re-assembled, and it was all okay! Phew ....

Not exactly from a dryer - I recently spilled some (fortunately clear) water on my trousers, the left pocket was soaking wet, with my mobile phone in it. This Nokia slide phone shut off, and couldn't be recactivated, and wouldn't load the almost empty battery, at least at first. I took a deep breath, got some Kleenex, cautiously wiped off everything I could, took off the lid and the battery out and put everything over a soft lamp to dry all the parts at moderate temperature. After several hours I re-assembled, and it was all okay! Phew ....

lucky phew!!!!! :rolleyes:

lucky phew!!!!! :rolleyes:

My worse experience involves leaving my iPhone in the washer: The night before I left for overseas, I washed my clothes, and as I took my pants out, I said to myself -- "Gee, these feel heavy..." Looked, and found my iPhone, and it was completely dead. So I couldn't take it with me, but I was told to leave it submerged in rice, and it would be fine. Did that for the three weeks I was gone; came back, and it's still dead, also, I had no protection plan to cover this mishap. My cost for a new "upgraded" iPhone (they said the iPhone3 were no longer being sold) -- $425. It's expensive being dumb....

Tissues in pockets is a bummer, millions of bits of soggy confetti to pick off.

When Joe Cocker was still based in Sheffield, the story I heard from his mate goes that a royalty cheque, it could have been for ' Marjorine', went through his mother's washing machine, it was in his jean's pocket. Seems the manager was understanding and issued a replacement.

I've washed several cell phones. I hate cell phones and I guess that reflects how I seem to forget to take care to remove them from pants pockets when doing laundry. Luckily they were just basic pay as you go phones, all I've ever used (or wanted to use). If they were expensive "smart phones" that would have been bigger problems, but I've not wanted to own any of those.

I've washed several cell phones. I hate cell phones and I guess that reflects how I seem to forget to take care to remove them from pants pockets when doing laundry. Luckily they were just basic pay as you go phones, all I've ever used (or wanted to use). If they were expensive "smart phones" that would have been bigger problems, but I've not wanted to own any of those.

i've had the same $7/month clamshell motorola w376g for 6 years. it costs me $6.67/month; i bought it at walmart for 20 bucks. that's not to say i've thought it lost 75 times. i NEVER turn off the ringer.

once, i went trekking(retracing my tracks) 2 hours through the show at 0 degrees as night approached for my lost cellphone. when as a last resort i took my cordless out to the car and called it, my cell RANG, from under the seat.

Motorola-W376g.jpg

Edited by alocispepraluger102