Stupidest Comedy Movie Ever...

There's not enough Gene Wilder and Mel Brooks love on this thread

On a thread entitled 'Stupidest Comedy Movie Ever', that's a good thing, isn't it? Although I admit, after seeing Silent Movie on DVD, I'd give Brooks an honorable mention. In the theater, it was hilarious; watching it alone was one big bore.

You're right! I like thinking about all the good comedies i've seen, I've forgotten what the thread is actually about.

BTW, Evil Roy Slade is definitely a 'good' comedy. Kind of an embryonic template for some of the 'dumb and dumber' style comedies being discussed on this thread. That's if you haven't seen it all ready :winky:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAVE you guys considered the notion that finding something hilarious one day then leaving you cold another may well have more to do with where YOU were at at given points than the piece? That's true for opinions on anything, and maybe it wasn't mention b/c it's so obvious. But we love, hate, become indifferent-like the changing seasons. Now excuse me. I promised myself I'd read some Rod McCuen...

young_frankenstein.jpg

and nobody can hold a candle to Teri Garr

Terri%20Garr%20Young%20Frankenstein.png

HAVE you guys considered the notion that finding something hilarious one day then leaving you cold another may well have more to do with where YOU were at at given points than the piece? That's true for opinions on anything, and maybe it wasn't mention b/c it's so obvious. But we love, hate, become indifferent-like the changing seasons. Now excuse me. I promised myself I'd read some Rod McCuen...

Yes. It's true.

I don't hate you today :g

Edited by freelancer

True that. I remember seeing Jacques Tati's Mr. Hulot's Holiday when I was in college and laughing my ass off. I saw it about 20 years later and was bored to the point of distraction.

People who aren't restless spirits-whose minds can keep still are lucky in that they get more peace. I don't fall into that category, so to keep myself anchored I try to stay in tune with the basics. There's a reason Woody Allen in his primd or early Bob Hope are still loved: it's funny b/c all the basic truths are there. Your head is always going to be in different places, as I said. Maybe that's good b/c you'll see something in your current state you couldn't before. Art works, especially ones preserved for future viewing or hearing, don't change. WE change. Somebody once said 'we don't look at art. Art looks at us. And now someone should send this thread and my ponderous post to Adam Sandler. So he can open a brew, fart, say WTF?