Mom Arrested for Taking 5 Year Old into Tanning Booth

I totally agree. The thing that's really messed up is that SHE doesn't see it as a problem. She must have some kind of psychological disorder. I hope the kid ends up okay...

She looks like an old shoe. Child protective services should be seriously considering removing the daughter from her custody.

"People who use tanning indoor tanning beds frequently are 74 percent more likely to develop melanoma," says lead investigator, Jerry Brewer, MD. "The results of this study emphasize the importance of active interventions to decrease risk factors for skin cancer, and in particular, to continue to alert young women that indoor tanning has carcinogenic effects that increase the risk of melanoma." Tanning beds are also associated with squamous cell carcinoma.

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/8220-tanning-mom-8221-case-spotlights-tanning-bed-181200178.html

Tanning mom Patricia Krentcil, her mood nearly as dark as her deeply bronzed face, charged Thursday that she’s the target of a witch hunt.

“There’s somebody out there my whole life that doesn’t like me because they’re jealous, they’re fat and they’re ugly,” the 44-year-old tanoxeric New Jersey woman told TMZ.com before climbing into her family van.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/patricia-krentcil-tanorexic-jersey-woman-cites-dark-forces-behind-arrest-article-1.1072017#ixzz1tqPZomAs

tanoxeric

Far be it from me to fault any neologism, but I think I'd like "tanorexic" better than "tanoxeric", at least for now.

Google, however, shows it both ways, so...further proof that language moves at the speed of soundlight speedshow.