MLB 2012 Season

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean Colon wasn't "suspect" last year with the Yankees when he was getting those goathead braintissue injections into his kneebone joints from that doctor in Peruvazuela that was being hailed as a miracle of modern medicine, or whatever it was?

Nah.

PEDs only happen in the Bay Area. :rolleyes:

Interesting too that both have an ARod connection..... whistling.gif

Exactly.

Melky Cabrera's BA in Chop-lanta was like .158 or something then all of a sudden he's hitting out of his shoes in KC.

But the Giants were the reason why he was on PEDs. Sure.

The East Coast guys are just pushed out of shape because Bud Selig made the All-Star Game result the home field advantage. Melky gets the MVP, the Yankees fans get all up in a lather [assuming they make it to the WS] and all of a sudden it's about the Giants and PEDs. Fine. Whatever.

Tonight, I just want to see a Giants sweep of the [hated] Dodgers.

Edited by GoodSpeak

You mean Colon wasn't "suspect" last year with the Yankees when he was getting those goathead braintissue injections into his kneebone joints from that doctor in Peruvazuela that was being hailed as a miracle of modern medicine, or whatever it was?

Nah.

Exactly.

Melky Cabrera's BA in Chop-lanta was like .158 or something then all of a sudden he's hitting out of his shoes in KC.

The East Coast guys are just pushed out of shape because Bud Selig made the All-Star Game result the home field advantage. Melky gets the MVP, the Yankees fans get all up in a lather [assuming they make it to the WS] and all of a sudden it's about the Giants and PEDs. Fine. Whatever.

So you're OK with a cheater maybe deciding home field advantage in the WS?

Nah.

Exactly.

Is that what I said...?

Because what I thought I said was the East Coast guys [Yankees fans in specific] are angry about Melky and the NL getting home field advantage in the playoffs. Further, I have always supported the best record for home field. But, of course, nobody reads/remembers that.

Besides, if the AL won would we even be having this conversation? I doubt it.

Blame Bud Selig for that home field nonsense, not some idiot PED user.

Edited by GoodSpeak

Honestly, the Astros (at least at this point) really screwed up, and didn't get anywhere near what they should have for the players they traded away.

In their early days it was just maddening how bad they were at trades! The All Star team was full of players Houston had traded away. Joe Morgan, Rusty Staub, Denis Menke, Jimmy Wynn. Cesar Geronimo. And a bunch more.

It wasn't all bad. They made out like bandits in the Nolan Ryan/Jeff Bagwell trades

Edit. Just realized that they signed Ryan as an FA.I got them confused with the Angels. Still that Bagwell trade had to be one of the greatest fleeces in MLB history.

Edited by J.H. Deeley

Nah.

Exactly.

How 'bout we replay the all-star game the day after the season ends?

Seems weird that guys are testing positive with 4-6 weeks left in the season.

Wonder how late in the season that MLB can/will test the players?

How many times can they test a player during the season?

ss1, Maddog Russo said on the radio yesterday that there are three windows - spring training, mid-year and fall.

Maybe if I ever get bored enough I could do this, but I really do wonder about ARod and the PED connection. He always seems to have a pretty scruffy posse in tow, and I would like to see how many of the players who have been suspended since ARod's Texas days have been in the same clubhouse with him. It just seems as if a lot of roads lead back to him or his hanger-ons when it comes to players and PEDs.

Honestly, the Astros (at least at this point) really screwed up, and didn't get anywhere near what they should have for the players they traded away.

In their early days it was just maddening how bad they were at trades! The All Star team was full of players Houston had traded away. Joe Morgan, Rusty Staub, Denis Menke, Jimmy Wynn. Cesar Geronimo. And a bunch more.

It wasn't all bad. They made out like bandits in the Nolan Ryan/Jeff Bagwell trades

Edit. Just realized that they signed Ryan as an FA.I got them confused with the Angels. Still that Bagwell trade had to be one of the greatest fleeces in MLB history.

True that....Mike Scott was transformed once he left the mets.He had 5 seasons in a row where he was one of the top starters in all of baseball. Imagine how good the Mets in the mid 80's would have been with Scott and Gooden! :blink:

Another amazing rookie may get the call up soon, Slide Billy, Slide!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1308245-cincinnati-reds-will-we-see-billy-hamilton-in-the-majors-this-season

Edited by BERIGAN

True that....Mike Scott was transformed once he left the mets.He had 5 seasons in a row where he was one of the top starters in all of baseball. Imagine how good the Mets in the mid 80's would have been with Scott and Gooden! :blink:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1308245-cincinnati-reds-will-we-see-billy-hamilton-in-the-majors-this-season

As I recall, Scott had more than a little help. Learning how to cheat is NOT a transformation. FYI, the Mets already had the best pitching staff in baseball by a wide margin in the mid-80s. Gooden, Ojeda, Darling, Fernandez, Aguilera, Cone.

Edited by JETman

Adrian Beltre is one of the best day-in day-out baseball players I've ever had the privilege of watching.

This.

Usually guys get jinxed after a comment like that. He had a Lawrence Welk game. An' a one, an' a two, an' a three...

Edited by Quincy

Didn't worry about the jinx, hes been in a slumpy type ting for about 2-3 weeks now, average is still over .300, but...the last few days, though, he's been coming back to Full Beast Mode, so I figured it was time to put a pimpin' in for my most favorite Ranger (although on any given day, it could be any given infielder).

Now, please, no jinx on the hamstring. That would...not be good.

Edited by JSngry

As I recall, Scott had more than a little help. Learning how to cheat is NOT a transformation. FYI, the Mets already had the best pitching staff in baseball by a wide margin in the mid-80s. Gooden, Ojeda, Darling, Fernandez, Aguilera, Cone.

What a tragic figure Ojeda turned out to be in Cleveland (...or Indians spring training)

Melky Cabrara hit .255 in Atlanta....not the previously mentioned '.158 or something' which was used or made up to make some kind of point :wacko:

There's never been any PED spotlight whatsoever towards any American League teams like the Yankees (Giambi, A Rod, Andy Pettitte, Clemens) :shrug[1]:

It's messed up in 2 ways that the home field advantage in the World Series is based on the winner of the AS game:

1) foolish decision by the commissioner going back to the infamous *TIE*

2) this year's winner compounded by the winning team MVP being a known & suspended cheater.

Edited by Mike Schwartz

It's true the Mets had a very good starting staff(though Aguilera was never a full time starter) but Mike Scott was great...it's funny how players just swear someone is a cheater(remember how Nolan Ryan was supposedly throwing a spitter/scuffed ball, in Texas?) Seems someone mentioned recently, Enos Cabell, helped turn Scott, into great Scott... http://espn.go.com/page2/s/1986/011011neyer.html