Rolling Stones - Brussels Affair

Aggie87

Just a heads-up for anyone interested in this live album, it's 25 cents for the entire album today, on Google Play, which is their new music/media site.

Brussels Affair is an officially released live album (mp3/FLAC only though, no physical product) from their 1973 Goats Head Soup tour.

I'd much rather have an actual CD, but for 25 cents for the MP3's, this ain't too shabby.

BGDDRS67.JPG

Set List:

Brown Sugar

Gimme Shelter

Happy

Tumbling Dice

Star Star

Dancing With Mr D

Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)

Angie

You Can't Always Get What You Want

Midnight Rambler

Honky Tonk Women

All Down The Line

Rip This Joint

Jumping Jack Flash

Street Fighting Man

https://play.google.com/store/music/album?id=Bqir6rjr6hbqnzj7wqmrnuyd6ja&feature=banner#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDIwMSwibXVzaWMtZWRpdG9yaWFsX3RvcF9mZWF0dXJlZF9tdWx0aV9fXzdfcHJvbW9fMTMzMTQwNTQwNDkxNiJd

edit - You have to have a Google email address/account to purchase from them I believe.

Edited by Aggie87

That took me a while to figure out too, but it is possible to download the album or individual tracks to your computer, instead of just an android device.

Next to the album's image, there is a small triangle button. The little triangle shows up if you hover your mouse over an individual track too. If you click that triangle, one of the drop down menu options is to download that album or track.

Edited by Aggie87

• 1 month later...

any comments on this "release" - music sound or otherwise? I am a big Stones fan.

It's excellent. If you already have the Brussels bootleg in some form (Brussels Affair, Bedspring Symphony, Nasty Music - most if not all had a track or 2 from somewhere other than Brussels) it's still a worthy addition as many songs chosen from the later-in-the-day show that hadn't been booted. The mix is different than the bootlegs as well with the vocals a little more out front but not annoyingly so. It sounds great as it was professionally recorded. If you don't have the boots then rush on over and download this official version now.

Edited by Quincy

any comments on this "release" - music sound or otherwise? I am a big Stones fan.

It's excellent. If you already have the Brussels bootleg in some form (Brussels Affair, Bedspring Symphony, Nasty Music - most if not had a track or 2 from somewhere other than Brussels) it's still a worthy addition as many songs chosen from the later-in-the-day show that hadn't been booted. The mix is different than the bootlegs as well with the vocals a little more out front but not annoyingly so. It sounds great as it was professionally recorded. If you don't have the boots then rush on over and download this official version now.

Totally agree, great performance, sounds good too.

I don't think it's 25 cents anymore though. Not sure what the regular price is.

The Brussels release and the newer L.A. Friday '75 are both essential to anyone with even a passing interest in the Stones. This is the kind of stuff they should have been releasing long ago. Mystifying why they're not being made available as FLACs in the US, only as mp3s, but the lossless files are out there for the determined seeker.

Stones Archive

Mystifying why they're not being made available as FLACs in the US, only as mp3s, but the lossless files are out there for the determined seeker.

I imagine somewhere there are a few boy scout Stones fans who send money to friends in Europe to buy & download the FLAC and then Dropbox or whatever the FLAC back to America. :lol: There's got to be one or two who have done this.

Mystifying why they're not being made available as FLACs in the US, only as mp3s, but the lossless files are out there for the determined seeker.

I imagine somewhere there are a few boy scout Stones fans who send money to friends in Europe to buy & download the FLAC and then Dropbox or whatever the FLAC back to America. :lol: There's got to be one or two who have done this.

The internet will be your friend.

• 1 month later...