DVD wish list! Films, TV shows, Documentaries

Format comes out! :ph34r: Just off the top of my head, I would like to see Mr. 880 starring Burt Lancaster and Edmund Gwenn, who counterfeits 1 dollar bills! Saw it run on Cinemax in the mid 80's (It is on a beta tape somewheres) but don't think it even made it to Vhs!

None of the Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers films are on DVD...I read somewhere that the prints were in poor shape(Like most RKO films) and they needed to restore them...which seemed funny since I recall Top Hat, or Gay Divorcee being restored in the mid/late 90's and looking pretty good, but if they can make the films look as good as Casablanca, or the Adventures of Robin Hood, it will be worth the wait!

Musicals in general seem to have been left behind on the DVD boom. Judy Garland films such as Girl Crazy, The Pirate, Meet Me in St. Louis, The Easter Parade have yet to see the light of day.

Some films I would like to see come out on DVD(they did come out on vhs, and Laserdisc) are the Deanna Durbin films. She about saved Universal, yet is almost completely forgotten today. Some of her films seem pretty dated today(What with them being in Black & White and all!) but First Love, and in particular It Started with Eve(With a wonderfully hammy Charles Laughton) are just plain funny films, with not all that much singing to slow things down.

Speaking of Funny, Director Jack Conway directed a few gems, like Libeled Lady(William Powell, Myrna Loy, Spencer Tracy,and Jean Harlow) and Love Crazy(Another Powell and Loy Non-Thin Man film) And talking about funny films, one always thinks of that Comedy director, Alfred Hitchcock! Mr. and Mrs Smith ran the other night on TCM, and damn that is a funny picture! I guess even with Hitchcock's name as a draw, Carole Lombard and Robert Montgomery's names are not big enough draws anymore to bring it out on DVD?

Well, that's a start at least, didn't even get to the TV shows...what do you guys/gals wish to see come out on DVD????

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, my first obvious pick is season two of Twin Peaks. 

I think I've seconded you on that before, as well as mentioning Wild At Heart and Losxt Highway.

Am I somewhat fixated on David Lynch's films. :w

I guess I could add in those amazing episodes of David Sanborn's Nigh Music. :party::party::party:

Well, my first obvious pick is season two of Twin Peaks.  Maybe I just missed it, but I sure would like to find The President's Analyst on DVD as well!

There was talk over on the Hoffman forum that a DVD release of season two of Twin Peaks will most likely not happen due to the poor reception (sales-wise) to season one.

Well, my first obvious pick is season two of Twin Peaks.  Maybe I just missed it, but I sure would like to find The President's Analyst on DVD as well!

There was talk over on the Hoffman forum that a DVD release of season two of Twin Peaks will most likely not happen due to the poor reception (sales-wise) to season one.

I was all prepared to make a wisecrack about the first season being really expensive--on top of being less than 'marketable'--but $34 on Amazon is actually pretty good. I must have been thinking of the huge VHS set from several years ago.

Regardless, now I know what my next DVD purchase is gonna be......

I was all prepared to make a wisecrack about the first season being really expensive--on top of being less than 'marketable'--but $34 on Amazon is actually pretty good. I must have been thinking of the huge VHS set from several years ago.

Regardless, now I know what my next DVD purchase is gonna be......

I posted this awhile back somewhere on this here board, but this link should work...digging around this cool site, I found some other interesting articles, including one posted after >this< one on Twin Peaks season 2 saying the MTM season 2 may come out after all, but signs point to us needing to support our favorite shows IF we know they have come out and buy them right away so the next seasons will see the light of day....

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news.cfm?Month=11&Year=2003

Edited by BERIGAN

Wild At Heart and Lost Highway.

Both of these are already on DVD.

A search for Wild at Heart on Amazon.com:

Availability: NOT YET RELEASED: The studio is currently not producing this title on DVD, but to be notified when it is available, enter your e-mail address at right. You'll also be voting for this release; we'll let the studio know how many customers are waiting for this title.

A search for Lost Highway at Amazon.com:

Availability: NOT YET RELEASED: The studio is currently not producing this title on DVD, but to be notified when it is available, enter your e-mail address at right. You'll also be voting for this release; we'll let the studio know how many customers are waiting for this title.

There is a Euro version of Lost Highway, but I live in USA.

dB

I’d love to see the Nickelodeon cartoon series Kablam! released. Or at least a compilation of the Prometheus and Bob and Action League Now! sketches.

MTV’s Clone High would be a great addition too!

Edited by Claypone

Wild At Heart and Lost Highway.

Both of these are already on DVD.

A search for Wild at Heart on Amazon.com:

A search for Lost Highway at Amazon.com:

There is a Euro version of Lost Highway, but I live in USA.

dB

Well, I'l admit I was less than sure about Wild at Heart. Lost Highway, though, was entirely too recent a film not to see DVD release. Sure enough, a call to my local video store confirmed that they have it. (In stock, even.)

Well, as stated previously here, the second season of Twin Peaks. I hate to even think of the possibility of this not being released... I imagine it must be horrible for someone to have bought the first season without ever having seen the second season, and then to just be left hanging like that. Jeez... C'mon, release this stuff already!!!

And a complete 'Northern Exposure' set sure would be nice as well. I miss that show terribly...

I imagine it must be horrible for someone to have bought the first season without ever having seen the second season, and then to just be left hanging like that.

I never thought of that. As a service to any here who are in that situation, let me assure you that it never does really make sense. In fact, it actually gets stranger...

I imagine it must be horrible for someone to have bought the first season without ever having seen the second season, and then to just be left hanging like that.

I never thought of that. As a service to any here who are in that situation, let me assure you that it never does really make sense. In fact, it actually gets stranger...

While trying to see if I could find the quote of Homer watching Twin Peaks, and saying something to the effect of "Amazing, great, I don't know what is going on" I found this mentioned on the Amazon UK site

The box set includes the first season, which comprises of seven episodes of about 45 minutes spread over 3 discs. On disc one however, we are treated to the feature length original pilot (not the famed "European cut" which attempts to wrap up the entire story in a number of minutes) which is a bonus as it was not included on the American box set.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...7384252-9250823