Bear Family to release early Hank Williams recordings

J.A.W.

Sounds like good stuff. Bear Family is one of the more serious reissue companies out there, with thorough liner notes, fine mastering and original sources. Just ordered a couple of their Charlie Rich compilations "It Ain't Gonna Be That Way - Complete Smash" and "Best Ballads". Waiting eagerly for those from Red Lick.

Also, I read the OP to mean that the recordings were those of Hank Williams in Germany, when actually it is Bear Family that is in Germany.

I suddenly have the urge to hear "Settin' The Woods On Fire" sung in German. :lol: Thanks for the heads up Hans!

(...) fine mastering (...).

As long as Jürgen Crasser isn't mastering their sets...

Hans, you might want to correct your link description to reflect that it's a three cd set.

Done, thanks.

Also, I read the OP to mean that the recordings were those of Hank Williams in Germany, when actually it is Bear Family that is in Germany.

Well, I hope you got it by now.

Hmm, so this is 2 discs of the Health & Happiness Shows without dubbed in applause or overdubs. I'm fortunate enough to already have the Mercury Health & Happiness set and part of the charm is that it feels you are tuning into an old radio show. So for me it comes down to the 3rd disc of teenage Hank. On the one hand I'm curious, but having heard enough of artist-in-the-beginning material I have low enough expectations that I may take a pass on this one, or at least as bundled. But for those who don't have the original Health & Happiness set it's very nice to have this wrapped up with an extra thrown in.

Edited by Quincy

Well, I hope you got it by now.

No, haven't placed an order yet, don't know that I will.

Extremely funny.