Guess who?

Robert Taylor or Johnny Weissmuller?

How do you play tenor with a cigar in your right hand? I call foul.

No Taylor! no Weissmuller!

If somebody could hold a sax and a cigar at the same time, the man here surely could!

Wish there was sound attached to the image!

Edited by brownie

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cigar I've never done, but have done cigarette many a time, inspired by seeing Cannonball Adderley doing the same on alto.

It's not that hard, really, not if you're in good playing shape and have your hand position and finger movements as controlled as they should be.

Orson Welles?

We have a winner! The photo was taken in 1943 when Laurel and Hardy sport the zoot suits they wore in the film 'Jitterbugs'? Welles was filming 'Jane Eyre' at the same time and wears the appropriate costume for the part!

Don't think I'd have gotten that one. It's hard to remember when he wasn't just a biscuit short of three bills.

Did y'all check out the guitar stand? We've come a long ways.

Definitely a foul- he's not even holding the instrument in a correct playing position (not to mention any kind of embouchure) but it's a great picture anyway. Stan is holding the trombone fairly awkwardly but Ollie looks fairly natural on the trumpet (plus the requisite cigarette in the left hand). Love the hipster vibe! :lol:

Edited by Free For All

One more:

snooki_no_makeup_296.jpg

Snooki without the makeup?

Yup, one in the same, the now pregnant Snooki who is, apparently, engaged to her boyfriend (and I assume the father) Jianni LeValle. Just to be sure, she should run a DNA test to confirm that The Situation isn't involved. What a revoltin' development that would be.

Edited by Dave James

Irene Ryan?

If that's Irene Ryan, I'm gonna roll over with my paws in the air.

:lol:

Eva Gabor?

edit - two words and I couldn't type them correctly. I must still be tired this morning.

Yep, that's her! I never would have guessed that...never seen a photo of her younger...

Edited by BERIGAN

Ok, this one is kinda sideways...this person is not particularly famous herself - but her father was, and the resemblance is there.

c972cab2629f707c3eb2754a2b860f7c.jpg

p.jpg

Hint - she performed with her father on several occasions, some of which can be found on YouTube.

Edited by JSngry