German Jazz on MPS/Mood/Inakustik re-issues, etc

StarThrower

6 hours ago, Harbour said:

Some great MPS releases are getting the Japanese mini LP treatment on Belle Antique in July, all but one have never been on cd.

Wolfgang Dauner's Et Cetera ‎– Live (1973)

Joachim Kühn – Cinemascope (1974)

Hans Koller, Wolfgang Dauner, Adelhard Roidinger, Zbigniew Seifert, Janusz Stefanski – Kunstkopfindianer (1974)

Jasper Van't Hof's Pork Pie – The Door Is Open (1976)

https://merurido-jp.translate.goog/topic.php?srcbnr=75815&_x_tr_sl=ja&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

Whoa, that's some great news. Although I would prefer a good ol' European reissue with lots of liner notes, photos, possibly some bonus tracks :).

All of them are killers. "Kunstkopfindianer" is to this day considered as a holy grail. Et Cetera "Live" is a stunning set, very electric and krauty. And "Cinemascope" and "THe Doors Is Open" are pure jazz-rock fiestas. Instant buy for me.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Harbour said:

Some great MPS releases are getting the Japanese mini LP treatment on Belle Antique in July, all but one have never been on cd.

Wolfgang Dauner's Et Cetera ‎– Live (1973)

Joachim Kühn – Cinemascope (1974)

Hans Koller, Wolfgang Dauner, Adelhard Roidinger, Zbigniew Seifert, Janusz Stefanski – Kunstkopfindianer (1974)

Jasper Van't Hof's Pork Pie – The Door Is Open (1976)

https://merurido-jp.translate.goog/topic.php?srcbnr=75815&_x_tr_sl=ja&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

I just reached out to Dusty Groove to see if they'll be stocking these reissues. 

If I get a response, I'll share it here.

On 5/25/2024 at 4:45 AM, Roger Farbey said:

Re: Never Let It End, what a fabulous album. Never heard of it until now, so thanks for that. Just purchased on iTunes for a remarkably reasonable price. I wish MPS would make more of their back catalogue available in physical formats. 

Roger,

I agree 100%.  I'm glad they've reissued some titles like, say, John Taylor's Decipher and Joe Henderson's Mirror, Mirror. . . . But MORE, please! 

Regarding downloads:  Another option, aside from iTunes is qoboz.  They appear to have most MPS titles, and they offer uncompressed, CD-quality files.  Plus, their prices are reasonable.  (No commercial connection.) 

Edited by HutchFan

1 hour ago, HutchFan said:

I just reached out to Dusty Groove to see if they'll be stocking these reissues. 

If I get a response, I'll share it here.

Thanks! I made cursory checks at DG and cdjapan earlier but came up empty.

• 2 weeks later...

So... I've got great pleasure to present a new double-CD set with previously unreleased music of the might ASSOCIATION P.C. - a project I've been coordinating.

image.jpeg.12f7914f29146ef7f7be262bb4664382.jpeg

Association P.C. is one of the greatest and most innovative jazz-rock band's in 70s Europe. The band was led by Pierre Courbois, Dutch drummer, freejazz aficionado who was already involved in many projects, some of which were released by the legendary New York label ESP Disk. Courbois was joined by Siggi Busch, bassist proficient in both classic and electric bass, guitarist Toto Blanke, a future star of European jazz-rock, and Jasper van’t Hof, electric piano and synthesizer wizard (later replaced by Joachim Kuhn). All of them launched successful careers as solo artists or session musicians. For me their whole discography is a bomb, especially "Earwax", "Sun Rotation" and live "Erna Morena". 

The "In a Life Machine. Live 1972" is a NDR live session played with some Gerd Dudek on saxophones and two guest conga-players (same tour as "Erna Morena", but much longer and with different vibe). In comparison to other NDR material, like Soft Machine from 1973, this one got a full concert aura, rather than live-at-studio. It's nearly 2 hours and the material is just powerful and gnarly. Electric, experimental, sometimes very free, sometimes more groovy.

As for now, album is available only on CD (LP will come later in 2024). It's fully licensed and comes with proper liner notes (I've taken care of this stuff). It's already available on Dusty Grooves or you can buy it directly from label (https://kultowenagrania.pl/product-category/label/chickadisc/), but you'll probably need to use your browser's option for translating it to English.