What are you thinking now?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Temp Agencies are some of the dumbest people on the planet (next to DMV employees).

The only jobs I get called on are "Cell Center" jobs, I've told every single one of these temp agences MULTIPLE times that I DO NOT DO FUCKING CALL CENTER jobs. So, I get 5 emails this morning, 5 (!) from various temp agencies in Austin offering up "AN EXCITING ASSIGNMENT OPPORTUNITY!".

Every single one of the 5 emails I received....were about MOTHERFUCKING CALL CENTER JOBS!!!!!!!!! I'm beginning to think these are the only jobs in Austin.

"Thank you for your kind offer. As I have indicated on numerous occasions in the past, working in a call center is not the appropriate match for my job skills. Please do not send offers that require working in a call center or answering the phone more than 50% of the time. SIncerely...."

I'm beginning to think these are the only jobs in Austin.

Not just in Austin, unfortunately...between everybody owing ginormous bills, nobody going shopping, and it being too dangerous anymore to knock on anybody's door, about the only way to "reach out" to a customer and/or debtor is by phone.

Or so "they" think. I think it would just be easier to steal peoples credit card numbers, send them a big bunch of shit, defy them to get out of it, and live off the float.

It's kinda like real business, only a touch less legal.

I'm thinking that, coming from a band that we now "know" was on the verge of collapse, The White Album came out really, really good. I mean, yeah, in retrospect you can hear how it's more or less a collection of solo & semi-solo works, but hell, so what? It's all good, some of it damn good, and it holds together and flows as a unified presentation on both a single side and a total album level. Let the revisionists disagree, they're WRONG!!!!

I want a world that I want to be a part of.

Well, you're part of this little online community... and I'm sure I'm not the only one that's glad you're here. Thanks for all the great music recommendations.

Hang in there, man.

Late to this thread, but next time I'm in Austin and have some time I'd like to buy ya a beer. I've truly enjoyed what you've brought to this board - music wise and other. I've bought Mosaics from you, and learned about alot of music from your posts that I'd have never explored otherwise.

Non-illegitimus carborundum.

Not just in Austin, unfortunately...between everybody owing ginormous bills, nobody going shopping, and it being too dangerous anymore to knock on anybody's door, about the only way to "reach out" to a customer and/or debtor is by phone....

If that's the case then this new world is not one for me.

I knew I should have become a mortician, those motherfuckers are never outta work.

Dude, the only world you can count on really being for you is the one you make for yourself, according to your own specifications. You create that zone, and then don't let nobody get there except on your terms.

Everything else in this life is simply a matter of doing what you got to do to keep that place alive and viable. Gotta eat, gotta pay the bills, gotta stay out of jail, gotta maintain and keep going. If you don't, then the bastards win.

Having to compromise a deal with the bastards is just the cost of doing business, and sometimes it's a pretty damn high price. But letting them win, letting them (or you letting them) have your inner zone of peace, sanity, and serenity, is just not an option. Not an option. Learn what those words mean, and do not forget.

If I talk a lot of bullshit sometimes, I hope to never lie. So what I tell you here is the truth, even if it might sound like bullshit. Proceed accordingly, and know that keeping your soul and "being happy" do not always happen at the same time.

Edited by JSngry

Late to this thread, but next time I'm in Austin and have some time I'd like to buy ya a beer. I've truly enjoyed what you've brought to this board - music wise and other. I've bought Mosaics from you, and learned about alot of music from your posts that I'd have never explored otherwise.

Non-illegitimus carborundum.

thanks man, it's appreciated. I'll try to avoid those bastards. LOL

Dude, the only world you can count on really being for you is the one you make for yourself, according to your own specifications. You create that zone, and then don't let nobody get there except on your terms.

Everything else in this life is simply a matter of doing what you got to do to keep that place alive and viable. Gotta eat, gotta pay the bills, gotta stay out of jail, gotta maintain and keep going. If you don't, then the bastards win.

Having to compromise a deal with the bastards is just the cost of doing business, and sometimes it's a pretty damn high price. But letting them win, letting them (or you letting them) have your inner zone of peace, sanity, and serenity, is just not an option. Not an option. Learn what those words mean, and do not forget.

If I talk a lot of bullshit sometimes, I hope to never lie. So what I tell you here is the truth, even if it might sound like bullshit. Proceed accordingly, and know that keeping your soul and "being happy" do not always happen at the same time.

The first paragraph is something that I've never been able to figure out, nail down, visualize or even imagine existing on this planet.

The rest, yeah, I know how life works, 99% of it sucks. The older I get, the more tired I get of the fight, the cost of business becomes too high, survival becomes something less than it should be. Doing anything other than something I'm passionate about seems like a big fucking waste of time. Surviving ain't enough, I need to live.

They already got my peace and sanity years ago. I don't know what serenity is, I've never experienced it.

I honestly reached the "end of my rope" several years ago and it's only been through the unbelievable kindness, graciousness and support of numerous friends and relatives that I haven't let go of that rope completely, or found myself dangling from the end of it.

But I'm still technically here...and if the right kind of creative job opportunity came along I could flourish like a motherfucker, nothing could get in my way. It's just the possibility of that seems to become more remote by the minute and I can't keep "settling", I'm just not wired to "settle". I'm wired to succeed or fail utterly, so far I'm really good at the latter.

"I don't mind dyin' when it's my time to die, but until that time, I'm gonna live my life, the way I WANT to." - Jimi Hendrix

Edited by Shawn

I'm thinking that, coming from a band that we now "know" was on the verge of collapse, The White Album came out really, really good. I mean, yeah, in retrospect you can hear how it's more or less a collection of solo & semi-solo works, but hell, so what? It's all good, some of it damn good, and it holds together and flows as a unified presentation on both a single side and a total album level. Let the revisionists disagree, they're WRONG!!!!

I'm thinking how amazing Abbey Road was, considering it came after the collapse.

Are those your only choices?

Of course not... I was just kind of bemused by Sangrey's (and some others) posts in the thread on the new Woody Allen flick...

I thought you were talking about "art", not Woody Allen movies.

I'm thinking how amazing Abbey Road was, considering it came after the collapse.

Hey, that too.

Of course not... I was just kind of bemused by Sangrey's (and some others) posts in the thread on the new Woody Allen flick...

don't hack on a non-native's choice of words, please... i meant arts, culture, music, literature, painting, religion, whatever...

don't hack on a non-native's choice of words, please... i meant arts, culture, music, literature, painting, religion, whatever...

Not hacking on you, just at Woody Allen movies.

Not hacking on you, just at Woody Allen movies.

Ok, but his films are part of what may be called "cultural practises" or some such... and I guess those could be looked at as escapist in general... or as evolutionary sensible (same with religion, btw)... either way, I'm on the run (gotta watch a commie film about Cuba... escaping from drab daily life :w )

I'm thinking how hard it is to sell books back. Probably 10 times harder than selling off CDs and this is surely harder than it was a couple of years ago. I took two boxes to Powells and they took one, and that was a pretty good day. I only took books that should have been of interest (no airport books) but they still only took 50%. I'll try two more places and then a few will go up on Amazon and the rest will get donated somewhere.