Jazz Beat record label -- needle drops or master tapes?

I'm looking to pick up Extensions, a 1965 Cadet album by Ahmad Jamal. So I ping eBay looking for an old vinyl Lp, and i discover Extensions was released on CD in the EU by the "Jazz Beat" record label.

So what exactly can I expect in terms of sound quality and source material for Jazz Beat? Is this a "gray" area EU label skirting copyright laws and issuing CDs from vinyl Lp needledrops, with no money going to the publisher / label? Or do they have a deal with Universal and actually use the master tapes as source material?

I seem to recall Fresh Sound in Spain issued needledrops -- stuff like Jack Wilson's Ramblin. I was curious if Jazz Beat is of similar ilk. If so, I'll pick up the original vinyl instead of a dubious CD. Would appreciate any advice and experience with this CD and Jazz Beat label. Thanks!

I'm looking to pick up Extensions, a 1965 Cadet album by Ahmad Jamal. So I ping eBay looking for an old vinyl Lp, and i discover Extensions was released on CD in the EU by the "Jazz Beat" record label.

So what exactly can I expect in terms of sound quality and source material for Jazz Beat? Is this a "gray" area EU label skirting copyright laws and issuing CDs from vinyl Lp needledrops, with no money going to the publisher / label? Or do they have a deal with Universal and actually use the master tapes as source material?

I seem to recall Fresh Sound in Spain issued needledrops -- stuff like Jack Wilson's Ramblin. I was curious if Jazz Beat is of similar ilk. If so, I'll pick up the original vinyl instead of a dubious CD. Would appreciate any advice and experience with this CD and Jazz Beat label. Thanks!

I have Jazz Beat 527 'The Complete Ellington Indigo's' and I don't think they had acces to the original tapes. If you had you would mention this.

No bad sound to my ears.