why no Liberty reissue of certain blue note titles

so i just got a sealed 70s edition art blakey at the jazz corner of the world vol 1 and i was thinking, why certain titles were never reissued, like take peckin' time for example- great session, no liberty, or even regular blue note ny usa 60s issue, correct?

When Liberty bought the company, for the most part they only pressed titles that were still in print. Many of the early titles had already been discontinued while the company was in the hands of the original owners. It wan't until Capitol took over the company in the mid-1980's that a full scale reissue program was undertaken. There had been a few repressings in the 1970's under United Artists (the so-called International Series), but these were relatively few, and I don't recall seeing Peckin' Time among them. Also, UA had licensed many titles for Japanese release biginning in the late 1970's. But to answer your question, there are not Liberty pressing of every Blue Note title.

yyyeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!! its totally vangelder stamped though, and good qual vinyl. is there any chance these issues used the same vinyl that was already printed, with new labels. cause SOME of this liberty vinyl is really quality. the delightfulee i have is incredible

They must have re-used the NY USA stampers for that Harold Vick. Does it have a Liberty sleeve?

Very good title, by the way. And one of the scarcer NY USA pressings.

Edited by sidewinder