Posting this from my Droid phone

Big Al

Maybe one of our more computer talented members could develop an Organissimo Forum app.

Why would we need one, though? The mobile version of the board is lightweight enough that I really don't see what extra functionality an app would accomplish.

no zooming, browsing to the site, etc. an app would just be an optimized version of the site for the android OS.

Yup, I noticed that also (I'm running Android 2.2), and that's why I don't really think a dedicated app would be that useful. It does look like you can't zoom, but I'm not sure how great it would be if you could, since the mobile board right now is formatted so the posts take up almost the entire phone screen. Any more zooming in and you'd be doing a lot of scrolling, either up and down or (worse) left and right.

Yup, I noticed that also (I'm running Android 2.2), and that's why I don't really think a dedicated app would be that useful. It does look like you can't zoom, but I'm not sure how great it would be if you could, since the mobile board right now is formatted so the posts take up almost the entire phone screen. Any more zooming in and you'd be doing a lot of scrolling, either up and down or (worse) left and right.

I didn't know about the mobile version. I have my browser settings unchecked for mobile versions, so that I always get the full versions of web sites when possible. I just checked the mobile version of this site and it looks no different than an app would.

How did I miss it too?

I posted about the board updates and the new iPhone app in these threads.

I downloaded the iPhone app, but have yet to use it since the mobile skin for the board is really good, imo.

BTW, before the update, the mobile skin really stunk.

What's a "mobile skin"? Is it what you get if you go through a browser?

I downloaded the iPhone app, but have yet to use it since the mobile skin for the board is really good, imo.

Yes. You can check it out by doing the following:

1. Navigate to the forum through your phone's browser.

2. Locate the "version" dialog box at the bottom left of the page. If it says "IP.Board", change it to "IP.Board Mobile".

Yes. You can check it out by doing the following:

1. Navigate to the forum through your phone's browser.

2. Locate the "version" dialog box at the bottom left of the page. If it says "IP.Board", change it to "IP.Board Mobile".

I can't find that. A the bottom of the page it says "Full version search" and there's an ad for the IP.Board app. Help!

I think Jim might have tweaked the skin a little bit today so it looks a little different. Also, if you are on your iPhone I'm guessing the skin appears a little different and shows you that link to get the app.

On Android and my PC the mobile version looks like this at the bottom left:

post-35-0-84606000-1299795576_thumb.jpg

Whereas the regular version looks like this:

post-35-0-01215900-1299795632_thumb.jpg

However, no matter what I use, I still can't spell worth a darn. <_<

No worries, I don't think anyone under the age of 30 can spell at this point anyway. They just make up their own words.

MAN, I got so hammered last night...I was OBLEVIATED! :crazy:

It wouldn't be so bad, but I find I leave suffixes off all the time, my syntax stinks, I type like I'm OBLEVIATE!