organissimo personal blogs?

Jim Alfredson

Would you be interested in having your own blog here?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, so this is what I'm thinking: Let me know if you guys think this is reasonable.

I'm going to open the blogging software to those who have donated to the forum either during this recent "pledge drive" or in the past. I won't request any other money from you, like a yearly subscription fee, but I think that it's fair in terms of keeping the board alive that those who want to have their own content featured prominently on this site are also financial supporters of the site. Does that make sense?

In terms of rules, I would say just don't post anything you wouldn't want your grandma to see. And obviously no blogs for the sole purpose of pissing on another member of the board. So all your "Jim Alfredson sucks" blogs should be hosted elsewhere, thanks. :)

Sound reasonable?

• 6 months later...

I figured it out. It's kinda convoluted. Once your blog is created, you enter posts from this page:

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php?app=blog&module=manage

Don't ask me how I got there. It's really convoluted. Just bookmark it. :)

Then click "options" and you can choose "Post New Entry". When you make an entry, you have to save it as a draft. Then it shows you how it will look on your blog, you choose "options" again, and publish it. Kinda weird.

There's a new version of the blog software available. I'm going to see if we can upgrade. But for now, that's the way it works. Funky.

You can also create a blog and then actually link to an external blog, which is neat.