West Coast tour with Janiva Magness

Jim Alfredson

I'm hitting the road with Janiva Magness starting this weekend in San Francisco and going up the West Coast the next week and a half, ending in Vancouver. Come out and see one helluva blues singer and a killer band!

25 San Francisco, CA

Biscuits & Blues

26 Winters, CA

Palms Playhouse

MARCH 2011

1 & 2 Seattle, WA

Jazz Alley

3 Portland, OR

KINK-FM Bing Lounge

3 Portland, OR

Jimmy Mak's

4 Tacoma, WA

Jazzbones

5 Port Townsend, WA

The Upstage

6 Vancouver, BC (Canada)

The Yale

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiMby1Vb308

The San Fran gig was rough; caught some kind of virus that came on like a freight train in the afternoon. Between the hotel and hitting the stage, I threw up five times. But once I got on stage, somehow I was able to supress it and get through the night and actually felt better by the end of the second set. Still, don't want to do that again.

Tonight at Jazz Alley in Seattle. We play tomorrow there as well.

post-2-0-59750600-1299023347_thumb.jpg

The San Fran gig was rough; caught some kind of virus that came on like a freight train in the afternoon. Between the hotel and hitting the stage, I threw up five times. But once I got on stage, somehow I was able to supress it and get through the night and actually felt better by the end of the second set. Still, don't want to do that again.

Tonight at Jazz Alley in Seattle. We play tomorrow there as well.

post-2-0-59750600-1299023347_thumb.jpg

Now I'm even MORE happy that I wasn't able to get over there!

Next time.........for SURE.

It was actually a really good gig, musically, despite the flu bug I had. I kept myself locked away in the dressing room during the breaks.

The show at Jazz Alley last night was fun. The house Hammond B3 they have is a gem. I kinda wish I was kicking bass on it; the low end is insane. I guess Joey DeFrancesco will be here next week with David Sanborn. He'll love that organ for sure!

If y'all are even thinking about going, and they're anywhere near you, GO SEE THEM!!! Of course it's a treat to be able to see Jim swingin' his ass off, but I'll tell y'all right now: Janiva is SMOKIN' HOT!!!! And she can shout it & preach it like few others!

Damn, I wish y'all would swing thru here again soon! :)

If y'all are even thinking about going, and they're anywhere near you, GO SEE THEM!!! Of course it's a treat to be able to see Jim swingin' his ass off, but I'll tell y'all right now: Janiva is SMOKIN' HOT!!!! And she can shout it & preach it like few others!

Damn, I wish y'all would swing thru here again soon! :)

Yes, but they will need a different venue, as Pearl at Commerce closed a few weeks ago.