Jazz vinyls ad campaign

brownie

Anything to suck in the grey Euro/pound. I guess garden centres no longer cut it trade-wise.. :D

Anything to push a few more copies of Kind of Blue too. A 'Columbia Special Products' initiative?

The day something like this is broadcast in the UK I'll eat my hat. More likely to be ©rappers on vinyl.

Edited by sidewinder

So now the French newsagents will be swamped not only with loads and loads of more or less collectible "toys for adults" (such as 1:43 model cars of classic automobiles) and other similar series but also with jazz vinyl that you are supposed to rush to your newsagent for every 2 weeks or so in order to pick up the latest release in that series?

Knowing the fad that seems to exist in France for these collectible series that are being sold through "maisons de presse" it will certainly be interesting to see the mid-term outcome of THIS ... :rolleyes:

BTW, seeing that this series is being launched by Altaya, I can only hope that they will get their act together with the distributionn of this at least inside France. Altaya /IXO in recent years did a 1:43 historical model cars series of my favorite collectible car marque and even though I only wanted the occasional item from that series I had a TERRIBLY hard time getting them at the newsstands over there. Even larger cities sometimes were supplied incredibly poorly.

Edited by Big Beat Steve

I saw them in Spain one, or two, years ago.

Actually I remember when I bought cheap jazz records at the newstand when I was a teenager. It was a "Giants of Jazz" series, quite good for the stuff on it: Coltrane's Olè, Davis' Round Midnight, etc. Not the original covers and labels, but the albums was there, for one third of the price. And the booklets had good essays from prominent italian jazz critics and lots of photos. I gave all them to a friend's son, when he started to study double bass, as a present.