ebay madness re: vinyl

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, the Pathe Marconi DMMs were made in France but not bought by the French jazz maniacs - exported to the Brits, Italians etc ?

:huh:

Biensur Sidewinder, they are french for something, aren't they?

Do you really think they export the best cheese and champagne? :rolleyes:

So, the Pathe Marconi DMMs were made in France but not bought by the French jazz maniacs - exported to the Brits, Italians etc ?

:huh:

Biensur Sidewinder, they are french for something, aren't they?

Do you really think they export the best cheese and champagne? :rolleyes:

At the end of the XXth, and the beginning of XXIth century we also produced the "champagne football" : the factory has closed a long time ago. <_<

• 4 weeks later...

And it's not even an original pressing!!! :huh:

How come I never get bids like that??

Presumably a real 'original' has '47W 63rd New York 23' on one of the labels?

Oh dear ! :rolleyes:

The original would have the Lexington Ave address. This pressing is from around 1960 or later.

The original would have the Lexington Ave address. This pressing is from around 1960 or later.

Thanks - of course ! Yet a glance at popsike shows that so many of these '47W63rd' imposters are fetching $2-3k plus. The world has gone mad !

Heck, this one even has a seam split too. I guess that adds to the cachet.. :rolleyes:

Edited by sidewinder

No. This record has been issued originally on two label variations : ONE with the 47W63rd labels on both sides (sold here), ANOTHER ONE with mixed labels NY23 / 47W63rd. Those two were issued at the same time using a stock of old and recent labels. Both labels variations are original editions. Last Lexigton labels both sides were around 1542/1543. This 3300 $ record is an original pressing, sold by a very reputable NYC dealer. This record, was a poor seller among Mobley's records, and has never been reissued by Blue Note in the 60's. It only exists on this two forms. It is considered as one of the rarest Blue Note records. Depending on sources, between 600 and 2000 copies have been pressed.

Edited by Michel

No. This record has been issued originally on two label variations : ONE with the 47W63rd labels on both sides (sold here), ANOTHER ONE with mixed labels NY23 / 47W63rd. Those two were issued at the same time using a stock of old and recent labels. Both labels variations are original editions. Last Lexigton labels both sides were around 1542/1543. This 3300 $ record is an original pressing, sold by a very reputable NYC dealer. This record, was a poor seller among Mobley's records, and has never been reissued by Blue Note in the 60's. It only exists on this two forms. It is considered as one of the rarest Blue Note records. Depending on sources, between 600 and 2000 copies have been pressed.

I stand corrected. Getting the whole Blue Note succession of labels/addresses, etc is something I'll never get straight! The record was recorded (and the catalog number was assigned) in 1957. Does anybody know when the record was actually pressed and released?

And, FWIW, I never intended to impugn the integrity of Fred Cohen & the Jazz Record Center. I've known Fred for 30 years, and he most certainly knows his stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...