*** DVD CORNER ***

... Then we needed another cable, so a quick run to Target resulted in picking up The Ladykillers.  I've been curious about this one since the Tom Hanks came out (and immediately disappeared if I'm not mistaken!); I've never seen it, but with Guinness, Sellers and Lom, how bad can it be?

Well, you should like it, it is quite funny...the old lady is priceless...since you and I agree on politics, Bob Hope, and jazz, what are the odds you won't like it! :P

The original, British, Ladykillers is great! A classic; you are sure to like it. :tup:tup:tup

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Chaney

In case this isn't yet common knowledge, FYE stores -- and stores owned by the same parent company, as in Coconuts -- is selling the first three seasons of The Simpsons at $15 each. Offer runs through June 19. NO rain checks: once they're gone, you're out of luck.

I bought all three yesterday so OF COURSE I now need season four.

Edited by Chaney

In case this isn't yet common knowledge, FYE stores -- and stores owned by the same parent company, as in Coconuts -- is selling the first three seasons of The Simpsons at $15 each. Offer runs through June 19. NO rain checks: once they're gone, you're out of luck.

:excited::excited:

If anyone's wanting the Simpsons sets and your local FYE is out of stock, they have a flyer in their store with the advertised $14.99 price. The flyer worked to get a price match at my local Best Buy. But the sale is only good until Saturday I believe, so if you're interested, you've only got a couple of days left.

Thanks Chaney for bringing up this sale. Too good to pass up!

Also, I've just recently discovered that my local Blockbuster and Hollywood stores have been running "Buy 3 for $25" sales on their used stock. For movies I really want/treasure, I'd definitely rather pick up new copies, but it's not bad for the rest. I've picked up The Pianist, Scarface, Big Fish, and Gangs of New York this way. And it's a cost effective way of picking up inexpensive movies for my kids as well (my daughter's interested in Lizzie McGuire and Mary Kate & Ashley right now - wouldn't want to spend alot on those kind of things!).

The nice thing is that you can always re-sell them to other used stores, and just about re-coup your money, or at least only be out about the price of a rental anyway.

If anyone's wanting the Simpsons sets and your local FYE is out of stock, they have a flyer in their store with the advertised $14.99 price. The flyer worked to get a price match at my local Best Buy. But the sale is only good until Saturday I believe, so if you're interested, you've only got a couple of days left.

Thanks Chaney for bringing up this sale. Too good to pass up!

My plans for after work just changed. The FYE down the road has all three sets in stock for $14.99. There is no way I can pass this deal up. This board has cost me more money than I care to think about...

Guest Chaney

I'm always glad when I can do my part in helping drain the wallets of my fellow members.

B)

John: Buying additional sets would be wise as they'd make nice gifts. :w

I'm always glad when I can do my part in helping drain the wallets of my fellow members.

B)

John: Buying additional sets would be wise as they'd make nice gifts. :w

I'll keep that in mind tonight if you keep it in mind the next time you're browsing the Mosaic catalog....

B)

I don't know if there are Northern Exposure fans here, but I loved that show from the early 1990s. At one point I didn't have a TV, but I still had friends tape that show for me to catch up on. It was literally the only TV I watched for about two years. Anyway, the first season is out. It is way too expensive -- about $60 for eight episodes -- but it is selling for less at Target and Best Buy.

Eric

Thank you for telling me about this. You saved me at least $25 (sorry, you aint getting it!). I was about to go to bestbuy last night and buy season 3 and 4 together (they give you 10% off for buying 2), but I decided to wait until today-good thing I checked in here first!! I got season 3 at fye, a store I usually try to avoid because of their typically high prices and their tendency to BLAST rap whenever I am in the store, then went to best buy and season 4 for $30

Guest Chaney

Thank you for telling me about this.

:tup

Glad you (and others) could save a few bucks.

I found out about this on Sunday at 6:30 p.m. I phoned a local FYE asking what time they closed. Answer: "Six o'clock. We're just on our way out the door." :rfr I bought the first three seasons after work on Monday and ordered season four yesterday from DeepDiscount DVD for $29.89.

:party:

Chaney ain't whistling Dixie! It is for real, and I was surprised to see the FYE still had some in stock! $45 bucks for 3 is sweeeet! :tup

They also have a few $1.88 cds that are 1.66 if you buy 3...at least that was a week ago, just got a few cds for $1.00 and a few for .50!!! :excited:

If anyone's wanting the Simpsons sets and your local FYE is out of stock, they have a flyer in their store with the advertised $14.99 price.  The flyer worked to get a price match at my local Best Buy.  But the sale is only good until Saturday I believe, so if you're interested, you've only got a couple of days left. 

Unfortunately my FYE store was all out. They didn't have any flyers advertising the price either. If anyone has a copy of the flyer and can scan it and post it here that would be highly appreciated. Don't know if Best Buy would take a printout of the flyer but it is worth a try......

If anyone's wanting the Simpsons sets and your local FYE is out of stock, they have a flyer in their store with the advertised $14.99 price.  The flyer worked to get a price match at my local Best Buy.  But the sale is only good until Saturday I believe, so if you're interested, you've only got a couple of days left. 

Unfortunately my FYE store was all out. They didn't have any flyers advertising the price either. If anyone has a copy of the flyer and can scan it and post it here that would be highly appreciated. Don't know if Best Buy would take a printout of the flyer but it is worth a try......

I directed a coworker to fye to finish his collection too, and i told him to hurry because it looks like they have limited stock, but he reported back that he went past the display of them at the front of the store and instead went to the back, and saw PILES of seasons 2 and 3 (he wasnt looking for season 1) in one of those cabinets under the display racks. maybe your local one has the same situation? I'm thinking the complete seasons 1, 2 and 3 might make a kick-ass Christmas gift for my brother this year....cant beat the price!!!

Have you tried calling other FYE's as well?(If you don't have any, if you buy all 3 you save what, $75?) I have been to a few in the past couple of days, and both of them had a fair number.....Also, I saw at the second FYE flyers talking about rebates on MANY sets, $15 to $20 off of Alias, Family Guy, Futurama, the Box set of Scarface (With the Paul Muni version) and many more! I don't think I saw a date for those, so don't know if the 19th is it for them....some stores are better run than others of course...

Have you tried calling other FYE's as well?(If you don't have any, if you buy all 3 you save what, $75?) I have been to a few in the past couple of days, and both of them had a fair number.....Also, I saw at the second FYE flyers talking about rebates on MANY sets, $15 to $20 off of Alias, Family Guy, Futurama, the Box set of Scarface (With the Paul Muni version) and many more! I don't think I saw a date for those, so don't know if the 19th is it for them....some stores are better run than others of course...

I am going to head to at least one more FYE today before work who said they had some. Thanks all for your help.