$20 Amazon coupon/credit for $10

Annoyingly, I got an email confirmation but am getting an error message when I try to get the card code. I am not impressed...

BW, LivingSocial is punishing you for getting the free card!:)

That actually is truer than you might think. A cursory search on Twitter suggests that it's only people who maxed out their referrals who are seeing this error.

• 2 weeks later...

I spent my credit today on a new DVD box set of all of the episodes (both half-hour and hour) of Secret Agent aka Danger Man with Patrick McGoohan.

It's my favorite television show. I haven't seen them in 25 years, but I expect that I will enjoy them again. The half-hour episodes I've never seen before.

Two years ago, the box of the hour episodes was about $100 and the box of the half-hour episodes was about $50. Last year at this time they were both out of print, and I saw an Amazon Marketplace vendor list the box of hour episodes for $600.

So this new box, combining both of the old boxes, was issued in time for Christmas, and Amazon currently has it for $49.95 with free shipping.

http://www.amazon.co...97038195&sr=1-1

So deducting my free $10 LivingSocial deal, that means I get 18 discs (3,420 minutes) for $39.95.

Edited by GA Russell

I spent my credit today on a new DVD box set of all of the episodes (both half-hour and hour) of Secret Agent aka Danger Man with Patrick McGoohan.

Never saw Danger Man. I'll have to check it out. I remember the first time I saw The Prisoner, they were showing it as part of a telethon for PBS Chicago on Sunday nights (this was a long time ago, maybe back in '90/'91). I was hooked big time.

It's my favorite television show. I haven't seen them in 25 years, but I expect that I will enjoy them again. The half-hour episodes I've never seen before.

Two years ago, the box of the hour episodes was about $100 and the box of the half-hour episodes was about $50. Last year at this time they were both out of print, and I saw an Amazon Marketplace vendor list the box of hour episodes for $600.

So this new box, combining both of the old boxes, was issued in time for Christmas, and Amazon currently has it for $49.95 with free shipping.

http://www.amazon.co...97038195&sr=1-1

So deducting my free $10 LivingSocial deal, that means I get 18 discs (3,420 minutes) for $39.95.

That's a hell of a deal on an essential series. I had the old box of half-hour episodes, and picked up the R2 box of hour episodes released by Network in the UK a while back. Network has released a bunch of outstanding TV box sets that are highly recommended (if you have a codefree player or live in R2), including a complete collection of all the B&W episodes of The Saint, something that has yet to make it to R1 DVD.