NOW FOR SALE: THE KEITH JARRETT FILTER

AllenLowe

I want to take this opportuinity to announce that I have developed what I call "The Keith Jarrett Filter." It's an audio attachment involving 17 wires that you connect to both your HIFI set and your body and allows you to filter out his grunts and groans.

One wire goes from the rca out jacks on your amp, 3 more to your left testicle, 8 more to your right ear, 4 to your left ear and one needs to be surgically attached to your left lung -

this was all very scientifically developed and based on the frequencies reflected in Jarretts odd and gutteral gruntings - this filter can also be used for certain Bud Powell recordings, but at your own risk.

price: $199.95 All major credit cards accepted

we supply the nurse and doctor to wire you personally. Act now. Operators are standing by:

1-800-555-GNAD

I want to take this opportuinity to announce that I have developed what I call "The Keith Jarrett Filter." It's an audio attachment involving 17 wires that you connect to both your HIFI set and your body and allows you to filter out his grunts and groans.

One wire goes from the rca out jacks on your amp, 3 more to your left testicle, 8 more to your right ear, 4 to your left ear and one needs to be surgically attached to your left lung -

this was all very scientifically developed and based on the frequencies reflected in Jarretts odd and gutteral gruntings - this filter can also be used for certain Bud Powell recordings, but at your own risk.

price: $199.95 All major credit cards accepted

we supply the nurse and doctor to wire you personally. Act now. Operators are standing by:

1-800-555-GNAD

It works!!! I've just used it on a couple of Lionel Hampton and Errol Garner LPs and am totally satisfied. Will order another one for my brother who wants to filter out Kurt himself when he puts on an Elling disc.

One wire goes from the rca out jacks on your amp, 3 more to your left testicle,

This will be of little satisfaction to those who have already acted on their impulse to give their left nut to be able to hear Jarrett play w/o the groaning.

No warranty is expressed or implied.

Wow, this is great news. Too bad you couldn't get this to market before Christmas. I think you're going to sell a fair number of these, but think how many more units you could have moved if folks could have given them as gifts. One quick question. Is there any way the innards of your device can be adjusted to also filter out Oscar Peterson?

Allen's idea has gotten me thinking. It's one thing to be able to mask Jarrett's lamentations on a recording, but that leaves those who see him live in the lurch. I'm wondering if some sort of gadget might be developed that piggy backs on the original concept. Such a device could distributed to audience members at Keith Jarrett concerts to provide them with retaliatory control over both his obnoxious manners and mannerisms. Here's the kind of thing I have in mind as test driven by Cliff Claven on Cheers.

Edited by Dave James

I found a way of filtering Jarrett's piano playing and grunts many years ago, it's available for free, works perfectly and saves a lot of money once attached - and it does't negatively affect your nuts or any other parts ...

But for those who prefer a more technological solution, Allan's device should be the way to go ...

Edited by mikeweil

I found a way of filtering Jarrett's piano playing and grunts many years ago, it's available for free, works perfectly and saves a lot of money once attached - and it does't negatively affect your nuts or any other parts ...

But for those who prefer a more technological solution, Allan's device should be the way to go ...

So what's your less technological solution?

So what's your less technological solution?

My guess would be: don't play his records/CDs.

Perhaps we are taking the wrong approach here. Instead of filtering out KJ's moans and groans, perhaps we should isolate them, play them backwards and/or at slow speed. I bet there is a secret message there. Could it be The Walrus?

Much to my surprise, it hasn't worked on the Joachim Kuhn and Karl Berger recordings.

pick on KJ all you like, but leave my buddy jk alone.

I recently used the filter on that old disco thing, Love To Love You Baby, as I was preparing a tape for the church picnic. I was able to filter out the orgiastic moaning so well that even the Nuns were shakin' it.

I have less luck on several of Hitler's speeches, though I did, in one, manage to clean it up so it could used on a PSA for The United Jewish Appeal.

Much to my surprise, it hasn't worked on the Joachim Kuhn and Karl Berger recordings.

pick on KJ all you like, but leave my buddy jk alone.

Don't get me wrong, I love JK and KhB, but I still find the groaning funny.