2010-2011 Hot Stove Thread

Unfortunately, the demise of the Yankees has been overstated -- not the least of whom, by me.... Anyway, I think Hughes will have a great year, my prediction is he will win the Cy Young; CC will be CC; ARod, now that Jeter is in a steep decline, will probably have a great year, since he will be the focus of attention, the Drama Queen. Cano is looking good, Nick Johnson is off the team, to go back on the DL. wherever he may be. I would love to shovel dirt on the Yankee grave, but this looks like their last shot to me.

The team that should be really worried is the Phillies, where's their offense? I keep hearing the they will trade Blanton, maybe that will bring them something, but missing Utley, that has to hurt.

Concerned, not worried. I still think they are a lock for the playoffs w/out him, barring any further injuries. As long as the starting 4 stays intact they really don't need to worry about their offensive as last year's Giants proved. I think it's between the Braves, Phils, and Giants in the NL this season. Right now I'm picking the Braves.

What about Cincy?

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No dude, that's the lovely & spunky Jenna Fischer

Actress Jenna Fischer cheers as she is introduced at the All-Star Legends & Celebrity softball game at Busch Stadium on Sunday, July 12, 2009, in St. Louis. (AP Photo/Jeff Roberson)

She has a very large belly button ring!

No dude, that's the lovely & spunky Jenna Fischer

Actress Jenna Fischer cheers as she is introduced at the All-Star Legends & Celebrity softball game at Busch Stadium on Sunday, July 12, 2009, in St. Louis. (AP Photo/Jeff Roberson)

She has a very large belly button ring!

Reminds me of what ailed Art Pepper during his final few years. I hope she's O.K.

When I was growing up, Mickey Mantle was like a deity. He was the reason I became a Yankee fan. Here's an interesting story I came across in the L.A. Times about the Mick at the beginning. Man. those were the days.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-0326-mickey-mantle-20110326,0,5398006.story

Nice story! Too bad that wasn't filmed, eh???

Hair-itage shirts!

Somehow it seems wrong beyond belief that there's no Oakland A's option. I mean at the very least there's Rollie*, right?

I may just have to get me the mullet Mariner one, though many of these are pretty cool. It also has me leaning towards not shaving. :lol:

*edit - Ah, I see Milwaukee gets him. I wonder if MLB t-shirts just sell better in Milwaukee than in Oakland?

Edited by Quincy

There's a good article today at the LA Times website about a 600 foot homer that Mickey Mantle hit, whose landing was witnessed by Frank Gifford who was practicing football at the time.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/

http://www.latimes.c...0,5398006.story

When I was growing up, Mickey Mantle was like a deity. He was the reason I became a Yankee fan. Here's an interesting story I came across in the L.A. Times about the Mick at the beginning. Man. those were the days.

LOL! Apparently Dave has me on his ignore list!:lol:

Hair-itage shirts!

Somehow it seems wrong beyond belief that there's no Oakland A's option. I mean at the very least there's Rollie*, right?

I may just have to get me the mullet Mariner one, though many of these are pretty cool. It also has me leaning towards not shaving. :lol:

*edit - Ah, I see Milwaukee gets him. I wonder if MLB t-shirts just sell better in Milwaukee than in Oakland?

Very cool, wish I had thought of this!

Milwaukee, Milwaukee, gosh, for the life of me, I can't think of a single reason they would get 2 t-shirts, and Rollie Fingers image, instead of Oakland! ^_^

A heads up to Facebook users as if you "Like" the MLB site you can view a spring training game online each day. Today it's Braves vs. Phillies which might interest at least a couple of people here. :)

Now you tell me! :angry::P

There's a good article today at the LA Times website about a 600 foot homer that Mickey Mantle hit, whose landing was witnessed by Frank Gifford who was practicing football at the time.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/

LOL! Apparently Dave has me on his ignore list!:lol:

I must too, sorry about that!

Very good article on Tony Gwynn, Mr. San Diego, and his recovery from cancer.

SAN DIEGO -- The trophy case in his home is full of gold gloves, silver bats and taco-brown uniforms. But it's the white mask in the corner that keeps Tony Gwynn preoccupied.

Sometimes he puts on the mask to remember his November and December, to remember what it felt like to have the ultimate fastball aimed at his head. Sometimes he puts it on for no reason at all. It's the only item in his trophy room that he stares at, the only item that has nothing to do with baseball, the only item that is probably worthless on eBay but priceless to this Hall of Famer.

To Tony Gwynn, it is not just a mask made out of ordinary plastic. It is the mask that helped him, literally, save face.

The rest of the article

Edited by Matthew

Hair-itage shirts!

Very cool, wish I had thought of this!

Milwaukee, Milwaukee, gosh, for the life of me, I can't think of a single reason they would get 2 t-shirts, and Rollie Fingers image, instead of Oakland! ^_^

How could one even consider such an enterprise without celebrating Oscar Gamble???

How could one even consider such an enterprise without celebrating Oscar Gamble???

It would pose an challenge for the series as you'd have to lower the face down to the belly to make the hair & cap fit on the shirt. :)

I agree though, it's a major oversight. I do tip my cap at how they've recognized how popular Willie McGee and Jay Buhner are to Cards & M's fans.

Edited by Quincy