Hall of Fame nom's

danasgoodstuff

Invite Joe Tex; consider Chuck Willis; tell Tom Waits & Darlene Love thanks, but you don't make the cut; throw the rest in the garbage.

Hear, hear (though I'd invite Chuck and consider Joe :))

After considering Joe, I'd invite them both - I'm in a generous mood this evening, it seems :D

MG

What in the world are the criteria? Participation in the industry and being vaguely somewhere in the vicinity of popular music?

There is no credibility to the selections. There have been hundreds, if not thousands, of articles,blogs and online forum posts, written about the absurdity of the selections. Every year the champions of some musician or group who is not in the Hall, will mount an online campaign of outrage about it. Currently the fans of Chicago, Yes, Jethro Tull, the Moody Blues, and Rush, seem to be the most stirred up about the omission of their favorite.

If you want to read extended discussions on this topic, the Steve Hoffman forum has them.

Whatever. :-(

Might as well list Lady Gaga.

Just give her a few years, she'll get in.

From this list, I would like to see Laura Nyro, Dr. John and Joe Tex make it. I would not have said that about Dr. John except for his post-2000 albums, which I have been positively impressed with.