Suggest Some Robert Mitchum

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Critic JR or someone else?

Dave Kehr

BTW, "Night of the Hunter" destroys me every time, in part because I was lucky enough to see it for the first time at age 13 when it came out in 1955, in an utter state of innocence that movies were "art."

In fact that might be a good idea for a thread -- movies we saw and were moved by when we were in a state of relative or total innocence. Another one that got to me that way for sure was Anthony Mann's "Men In War," with Robert Ryan and Aldo Ray. Great movie, but it also was just what was showing at the local theater that week. "Psycho," by contrast -- though it scared the wits out of me -- was something one knew beforehand was supposed to be big deal, though thanks be I had no idea what it was about. Another one like "Men in War" was Sam Fuller's "The Steel Helmet." Shook me to the core, and not until decades had passed did I know I'd had one of them "art" experiences. And as for "Ma and Pa Kettle Down on the Farm"...

Looks like it's not out in the UK region though, in case Cliff doesn't have a multi-region player. Or at least not on Amazon UK - I checked while investigating music over there.

That stinks. It's time (past time) to do away with this "region 1, region 2" crapola. "One region for the whole world!" that's my rallying cry.

Yep, I think that's the reason that I've never seen it over here... ever, I checked around a few places the other day and that was pretty much what I was told. :rmad: :rmad: :rmad: