New Jimi Hendrix Box Set

New Jimi Hendrix Box Set:

A 6CD Limited Numbered Edition of 1000 units includes the complete Paris 1966 and all circulating songs from Paris 1967. Also contains: Various European live radio & tv appearances from 1967, best of the German concerts from 1969, Arhus 1970 and last official concert 1970. In total 6 CDs - 85 Tracks & an 8 Page booklet, nearly 7 hours playing time (six hours 55 mins).

515.jpg

Has anyone had a chance to hear this box set? or at least some of the material included in the box? There are so many bad Jimi bootlegs out there. Hoping this might be something better.

No, this is yet another bootleg.

I've heard most of these shows. Most sound okay in circulating copies. (Another's idea of "okay" may not be mine, however).

Legacy is reissuing more "new versions" of the catalog titles in October:

http://www.jimihendrix.com/us/news/experience-hendrix-llc-legacy-recordings-launching-second-wave-monumental-jimi-hendrix-catalog-

No, this is yet another bootleg.

I've heard most of these shows. Most sound okay in circulating copies. (Another's idea of "okay" may not be mine, however).

Legacy is reissuing more "new versions" of the catalog titles in October:

http://www.jimihendrix.com/us/news/experience-hendrix-llc-legacy-recordings-launching-second-wave-monumental-jimi-hendrix-catalog-

The Legacy edition of Jimi Hendrix Experience: BBC Sessions brings together recordings from Hendrix's appearances on a variety of BBC radio and television broadcasts from 1967 through 1969. The two CD Jimi Hendrix Experience: BBC Sessions comes packaged in a six-panel digipak and includes a never before released 30 minute bonus DVD documentary. The film features the group’s famed January 1969 appearance on "Happening For Lulu" which featured Hendrix interrupting the live broadcast to perform a ferocious rendition of Cream’s “Sunshine Of Your Love” together with interviews with Jimi Hendrix Experience bandmates Mitch Mitchell and Noel Redding as well as BBC staff producers Jeff Griffin and Bernie Andrews detailing the legendary sessions. The acclaimed 2 CD set includes Hendrix’s unique interpretations of such classics as Bob Dylan’s “Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window?,” Muddy Waters “Hoochie Coochie Man” [with noted British blues enthusiast Alexis Korner on slide guitar], the Beatles “Day Tripper” as well as two songs featuring the dream pairing of Stevie Wonder with Hendrix.

:excited: :excited: :excited:

Oh this must be it.

That BBC set really looks tasty. I had the original 2-CD BBC Sessions but my daughters appropriated it. I never saw it again sad.gif Good excuse for jumping on the reissue. I'm still on the fence on the 66-70 box set.

Edited by Leeway

With respect to the original poster... YAWN. But let me, respectfully, explain--

It's barely worthwhile to compare two jillion early '60s versions of "My Favorite Things" by Coltrane.

It is NOT, ever, worth comparing Monk or Charlie Rouse solos on "Well You Needn't" et al.

To pretend, in a wide world of music past, contemporary and future that Hendrix did a whole lot of extraordinary things lives is as ludicrous now as it was when I was supposed to jizz myself over "Monterey" or the dogshit "BBC Sessions" back in day. While a great musician, decent songwriter and ** SOMETIMES ** excellent bandleader (when he didn't let second-rate black guys in the band), the limits of his creativity/career are what the are. No amount of scrutiny is gonna change that, nor has anything, no matter how "de-luxe" its presentation, changed that reality since, I dunno... "War Heroes"?

25 years of "Dark Star" >>>>>> what? Three fucking years of... "Foxy Lady"?

As for "Machine Gun," Hendrix ain't the Coltrane of rock any more than Buddy Guy was of blues.

Let it rest.

With respect to the original poster... YAWN. But let me, respectfully, explain--

It's barely worthwhile to compare two jillion early '60s versions of "My Favorite Things" by Coltrane.

It is NOT, ever, worth comparing Monk or Charlie Rouse solos on "Well You Needn't" et al.

To pretend, in a wide world of music past, contemporary and future that Hendrix did a whole lot of extraordinary things lives is as ludicrous now as it was when I was supposed to jizz myself over "Monterey" or the dogshit "BBC Sessions" back in day. While a great musician, decent songwriter and ** SOMETIMES ** excellent bandleader (when he didn't let second-rate black guys in the band), the limits of his creativity/career are what the are. No amount of scrutiny is gonna change that, nor has anything, no matter how "de-luxe" its presentation, changed that reality since, I dunno... "War Heroes"?

25 years of "Dark Star" >>>>>> what? Three fucking years of... "Foxy Lady"?

As for "Machine Gun," Hendrix ain't the Coltrane of rock any more than Buddy Guy was of blues.

Let it rest.

Jeez, "behind the barn" seems appropriate for that kind of "thinking," with all due RESPECT, of course. Sorry if you didn't get any today, or have a tin ear, but I like listening to Hendrix and two jillion versions of "My Favorite Things," plus a lot of other stuff from that wide world of music past and contemporary, swing, straight-up, and free. But you'll have to explain how you listen to the music of the future, which by definition hasn't happened yet. On second thought, don't bother.