one more promo of Really the Blues

Listening and loving this set. What a labor of love! Disc 1 is in my stereo and the CD-Rom is in my computer, my ears full of sounds more than a century old. Dinwiddie Colored Quartet and Bert Williams just sent me for a loop.

Thank you for putting this together, Allen. I'd buy the other three volumes in a heartbeat.

Listening and loving this set. What a labor of love! Disc 1 is in my stereo and the CD-Rom is in my computer, my ears full of sounds more than a century old. Dinwiddie Colored Quartet and Bert Williams just sent me for a loop.

Thank you for putting this together, Allen. I'd buy the other three volumes in a heartbeat.

Yeah, it's an amazing set of music all right. And there's an almost endless trail of tasty leads to follow. Was listening to disc 6 earlier today -- the track "Starvation Blues," Jesse Stone, led me to a compilation of Kansas City music from the 1920s (available dirt cheap), which includes 'Starvation Blues' and another track by Jesse Stone (and His Blue Serenaders), along with a fistful of other KC bands of the period.