Mosaic Free Shipping

BeBop

MOSAIC RECORDS & TRUE BLUE MUSIC

FREE SHIPPING IN THE U.S. FOR ORDERS OVER $40

(Offer Ends August 31st)

Order over $40 from Mosaic Records and/or True Blue Music and receive free shipping on U.S. orders and 50% off of international shipping. You can combine products from the 2 websites and they will be included in the same shopping cart. And as usual if you do not live in the state of CT, there is no sales tax.

For all International orders , make a purchase during the promotion and save 50% on shipping for orders over $40. (Shipping via Priority Federal Express is not included).

NOTE :

This offer is only valid for in-stock items. We have noted on the website which Mosaic Records products are currently on backorder.

This offer does NOT include our two new releases ; Ahmad Jamal and Mosaic Select: John Carter & Bobby Bradford.

This offer applies to all True Blue Music offerings.

MOSAIC RECORDS

Limited Edition Box Sets

The Complete Columbia Recordings of Woody Herman (1945-47) (7 CDs) $119

These are the recordings that introduced a new sound and fury to band music in the 1940s. The musicians and arrangers whose names you think of first. The songs that topped the charts then, and are most-remembered today. All from the one bandleader ahead of anyone else.

Duke Ellington: 1936-40 Small Group Sessions (7 CDs - $119)

Ellington is widely regarded as one of the most important composers in the history of music and many would agree that at the time of these recordings, he was at the beginning of his creative peak developing "The Ellington Effect". This set gathers together all the small group sessions led by Duke Ellington and his sidemen Rex Stewart, Barney Bigard, Cootie Williams and Johnny Hodges, during the years 1936-40 .

The Classic Columbia and OKeh Benny Goodman Orchestra Sessions 1939-1958 (7 CDs - $119)

"When one thinks of the orchestra of Benny Goodman, the 'King of Swing,' it is of his breakthrough big band of 1935-38 ... While that was BG's most influential period, the truth is that the brilliant clarinetist cut some of his most exciting and adventurous recordings during 1940-42, when the swinging charts of Fletcher Henderson were joined by more advanced and unpredictable arrangements from Eddie Sauter and Mel Powell." - Scott Yanow, Jazz Times

The Complete Louis Armstrong Decca Sessions 1935-46 (7 CDs - $119)

"Majestic is the obvious word for this kind of trumpet playing. It's like it never been heard before and it's easy to imagine the impact that it had....It is still overawing, and I found myself instantly replaying tacks all the way through even though I've had all the music....I have to say, and it becomes embarrassing to repeat the statement with each new set, that the revitalizing qualities of Mosaic's recording technique make listening to familiar material a completely fresh experience and here in particular pulls out attributes in Louis' playing that one had missed in earlier issues." - Steve Voce - Jazz Journal

The Complete Arista Recordings of Anthony Braxton (8 CDs - $136)

"Braxton's investigations in using the jazz tradition in order to unmake it in terms of tonality, sound, and texture, while preserving its sense of inventive rhythm, melody, harmonic structures, and even swing (check Creative Orchestra Music, 1978), do not feel remotely academic all these decades later. One can hear humor and warmth in the deep paradoxes of a brilliant mind wrestling with the issues of jazz and new music....The historic reissue of this material adds yet another level if we wish to deepen our understanding of the myriad ways Braxton has enhanced and expanded each of the traditions he's involved himself with." - Thom Jurek - All Music Guide

Mosaic Select: McCoy Tyner (MS-025)

Influenced by the beauty and intensity of Coltrane's music and Eastern forms of music, McCoy Tyner fashioned a dense, lyrical sound. This set covers the last two years of McCoy Tyner's tenure with Blue Note.

Mosaic Select: Gerry Mulligan (MS-021)

In December 1957, Pacific Jazz's Dick Bock came to New York for several weeks of a marathon recording schedule that included dates by Bob Brookmeyer and Chet Baker as well as four Gerry Mulligan sessions.

Mosaic Select: Andrew Hill (MS-016)

Only six of the 31 selections on this set have ever been out in any form. Their common denominator is Andrew's brilliant improvisations and unique compositions.

Mosaic Select: Dave Liebman & Richie Beirach (MS-012)

Coming of age in the late '60s, saxophonist David Liebman and pianist Richie Beirach are virtuosos on their instruments. It has enabled them to take the lessons that they learned well from Miles and Trane and create exciting, often tumultuous jazz of the highest creative order.

Mosaic Select: Paul Chambers (MS-005)

Paul Chambers was more than the greatest bassist of his generation; he was the premier team player with a pliant, robust sense of swing that took any group he played to another level.

Mosaic LP Series

(...more to come)

The Complete Thelonious Monk At The It Club (4 LPs - $100)

"Mark Wilder in mixing the tapes...has done an exemplary job, as in listening to these LPs the feeling of a true live performance is achieved, with a natural comparison to a live session where artists both approach and back away from their microphones. I believe that the mixing and remastering here on LP is an improvement on the two CD issue from 1998. (Charlie) Rouse may be a bit distant at times, but the aura achieved on audiophile LP is similar to me as it would be to sitting several tables back from the band stage listening to a live recording in a small club." Jeff Krow - Audiophile Audition

True Blue Music

CD Box Sets

Louis Armstrong - The Complete Hot Fives & Sevens (4 CDs) - $39.98

The most important jazz recordings ever made. These 80 tracks include all known alternate takes plus 9 tracks of the band backing other vocalists. Newly transferred and pitch corrected.

The Complete Capitol Transcription Session Of The King Cole Trio (3 CDs) $38.98 (Ltd. Supply!)

All 71 studio performances by the trio with Oscar Moore (CD 1 & 2) and Irving Ashby (CD 3) recorded between 1946 and '50. Superb music.

Ella Fitzgerald And Louis Armstrong - The Complete Ella & Louis On Verve (3 CDs) $47.98

In complete form at last, this three-disc set contains the 30 tracks that Ella and Louis recorded in the studio with the Oscar Peterson Trio and Buddy Rich or Louis Bellson in '56 and '57.

Keith Jarrett - The Impulse Years 1973/74 $59.98

The great quartet of Jarrett, Dewey Redman, Charlie Haden and Paul Motian are captured at their height on this newly remixed 5-CD collection. A bold and outstanding body of work.

Wes Montgomery - Complete Riverside Recordings - Regularly $179.98, now $149.98

All 158 performances that this guitar master recorded for Riverside, home of his greatest work.

Oscar Peterson - Debut: The Clef/Mercury Duo Recordings 1949-51 (3 CDs) $54.98

Peterson's first U.S. recordings, an underappreciated and rare early segment in his career, when he simply played backed only by Ray Brown or Major Holley. This 3-CD box set includes all of the Mercury singles that would later be released as three Clef and Verve LPs.

Jimmy Smith - Retrospective (4 CDs) $59.98

From 1956 to '63, the father of the modern jazz organ was one of the most prolific artists on Blue Note. This set captures 38 classic highlights of those years through his trio sessions, quartets with Lou Donaldson and Stanley Turrentine and all-star sextets. An amazing body of work.

RECOMMENDED JAZZ ESSENTIALS on CD

Miles Davis - Cookin' (Rudy Van Gelder Remaster) $12.98

One of the five historic Prestige albums that features Miles Davis' first great quintet with John Coltrane, Red Garland, Paul Chambers and Philly Joe Jones.

Duke Ellington & John Coltrane $17.98

The historic 1962 meeting between two giants with a superb reading of "In A Sentimental Mood" and Strayhorn's seldom-heard "My Little Brown Book." Coltrane introduces his "Big Nick" and Ellington debuts "Take The Coltrane" and "Angelica (aka Purple Gazelle)". Bassists Jimmy Garrison and Aaron Bell and drummers Elvin Jones and Sam Woodyard back them up in various combinations.

Dizzy Gillespie - Sonny Side Up $17.98

One of Dizzy's best small-group recordings with the tenors of Sonny Stitt and Sonny Rollins. Includes a wonderful arrangement of "On The Sunny Side Of The Street" with a great Gillespie vocal as well as the original version of Sonny Stitt's "The Eternal Triangle."

Jackie McLean - Jackie's Bag (RVG Remaster) $12.98

In terms of composition, leadership and playing, this is probably Jackie McLean's greatest album, culled from two different sessions, separated by 20 months. Three bonus tracks complete the sextet session with Tina Brooks and Blue Mitchell.

Ike Quebec - It Might As Well Be Spring (RVG Remaster) $12.98

Quebec with Freddie Roach, Milt Hinton and Al Harewood, made this album immediately after "Heavy Soul" and it is every bit the classic the first album proved to be. Quebec's big-toned, vulnerable tenor playing is a thing to behold.

True Blue Music

DVD Box Sets

Jazz Icons Boxed Set #1 (9 DVDs) - $159.98

The first 9 Jazz Icons releases with performances by Louis Armstrong, Chet Baker, Count Basie, Art Blakey, Ella Fitzgerald, Dizzy Gillespie, Quincy Jones, Thelonious Monk and Buddy Rich.

Jazz Icons Boxed Set #2 (8 DVDs) - $119.98

The artists are: Dave Brubeck, John Coltrane, Duke Ellington, Dexter Gordon, Charles Mingus, Wes Montgomery and Sarah Vaughan .

Jazz Icons Boxed Set #3 (8 DVDs) - $119.98

The artists are Roland Kirk, Sonny Rollins, Lionel Hampton, Nina Simone, Cannonnball Adderley, Oscar Peterson and Bill Evans.

Jazz Icons Boxed Set #4 (8 DVDs) -$119.98

The artists are Anita O'Day, Woody Herman, Art Blakey, Jimmy Smith, Art Farmer, Coleman Hawkins and Erroll Garner.

High-Quality Single DVDs

Quincy Jones - Live In '60 $19.98

Until now, this great big band with Clark Terry, Melba Liston, Jimmy Cleveland, Phil Woods and Budd Johnson has been survived only by a few Mercury LPs. Now comes two stunning video-taped performances from Switzerland and Belgium in 1960.

Charles Mingus - Live In '64 $19.98

The sextet with Clifford Jordan, Eric Dolphy, Johnny Coles, Jaki Byard and Dannie Richmond was one of Mingus's greatest and shortest-lived bands. Fortunately, they left plenty of proof behind including these two hours of brilliant playing from Belgium, Norway and Sweden.

Wes Montgomery - Live In '65 $19.98

Footage of this great guitarist is so scarce that these three performances would be a thrill regardless of quality. But Wes delivers fully on this great footage from Holland with Pim Jacobs' trio, from Belgium with Harold Mabern's trio and London with Stan Tracey's trio.

Buddy Rich - Live in '78 $19.98

Buddy Rich drives an orchestra like only Buddy Rich can. This 1978 live performances was shot in color by Dutch TV and includes such Rich perennials as "Big Swing Face" and "Channel One Suite."

Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

All of us at

www.mosaicrecords.com

www.truebluemusic.com

Email: info@mosaicrecords.com

203-327-7111

Edited by BeBop

You'll notice the Ahmad Jamal and Carter/Bradford sets have been padded with full shipping costs as if you were ordering them standalone.

Before the "free" shipping offer, if you had ordered both sets within the U.S., it would've cost $207. Now it's $5 more.

Yeah, how totally idiotic.

I was going to order the Jamal but, if they don't want me to ...

:/

I'm kinda irked at Mosaic. Last week I ordered the Mercer set for my father. The first question I asked was; "Do you have any upcoming promotions?" The guy said no so I went ahead. Then the free shipping email arrives which would have saved me $7, not a biggie but still...I've ordered numerous sets from them so a good customer.

You'll notice the Ahmad Jamal and Carter/Bradford sets have been padded with full shipping costs as if you were ordering them standalone.

Before the "free" shipping offer, if you had ordered both sets within the U.S., it would've cost $207. Now it's $5 more.

I agree. I've e-mailed Scott Wenzel about this.

I agree. I've e-mailed Scott Wenzel about this.

I got this reply from Mosaic's Fred (he gave his permission to quote it):

We did not want to include the new releases in the free shipping offer as many of our best customers order upon release and this would not be fair to them. However we did need to raise some funds for our upcoming Fall releases and therefore we just recently decided to run this promotion. If a customer ordered only one of the new releases, then our fix works. But not in this case with both new releases on the same order. We will happy to credit you the $5 for the shipping upon placement of the order. Please make a note in the shipping instruction box upon checkout. Not the most elegant solution but doing the best we can.

Apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your support.

Alternatively, you can wait until after August 31 and then order both sets at the "old" prices, of course :)