Tiger's $750M divorce settlement?

(Now, please take on the task of explaining to people why they're not "nauseous", but "nauseated". It makes me sick...)

Ted, I don't know what you have in mind.

I've looked up nauseous at dictionary.com, and here is what it says:

1. affected with nausea; nauseated: to feel nauseous. 2. causing nausea; sickening; nauseating.

Two kids and she wants $750 MILLION dollars?

Really...for what, pray tell?

For her silence.

Goodie doesn't believe that wives are entitled to any share of marital assets when the union goes south.

Even if its completely the husband's fault.

He also hates rich people and begrudges their wealth. Funny thing is that its not like Tiger inherited it, he was very successful at his work and parlayed that into a stream of huge endorsement contracts.

But the wife is entitled to none of it.

(Now, please take on the task of explaining to people why they're not "nauseous", but "nauseated". It makes me sick...)

1. affected with nausea; nauseated: to feel nauseous. 2. causing nausea; sickening; nauseating.

Merriam-Webster.com lists the two definitions in the reverse order:

1 : causing nausea or disgust : nauseating

2 : affected with nausea or disgust

I hear many people use "nauseous" when they have nausea. Merriam-Webster lists the first definition for "nauseous" as causing nausea.

Of course, the whole dictionary definition, "language is a living, changing thing" discussion gets tedious very quickly. :rolleyes:

Oh, and just to get the thread back on track: Boy, what about that divorce settlement? $750mil sure is a lot of scratch!

Edited by DukeCity

Merriam-Webster.com lists the two definitions in the reverse order:

1 : causing nausea or disgust : nauseating

2 : affected with nausea or disgust

I hear many people use "nauseous" when they have nausea. Merriam-Webster lists the first definition for "nauseous" as causing nausea.

Of course, the whole dictionary definition, "language is a living, changing thing" discussion gets tedious very quickly. :rolleyes:

Oh, and just to get the thread back on track: Boy, what about that divorce settlement? $750mil sure is a lot of scratch!

Yup, DukeCity, I'm witchoo... The diaper pail is nauseous/nauseating. When helpful grandpa opens it, he is nauseated. Believe me, I know from experience. :bad:

Elin Nordegren Gets $750M, Custody of Kids in Exchange for Silence

Sounds like an unclever move to me. I'd opt for half...or even a quarter of that figure in order to be able to speak. For the rest of her life every time she's in public she'll be constantly needled....tempted by others to say something....and of course at some point she'll slip up and the attorney's will zip right on in.

Two kids and she wants $750 MILLION dollars?

Really...for what, pray tell?

For her silence.

Makes sense....but that still seems extreme to me. Call me spolied.

I guess this quote remains true: "Hell hath no fury than that of a woman scorned".

I'm reminded of The Twilight Zone episode where the guy had his vocal chords cut to win a bet that he could go without speaking.

Vocal "cords", surely.

LOL! Thanks, Ted! In fact, I typed "cords" and changed it because it didn't look right.

Of course, you COULD have been thinking of The Mills Brothers, or The Singers Unlimited, or even the Chordettes... :rolleyes: