World Cup 2010

Can't compare this to Henry. Henry's actions went uncharged. Suarez is paying a consequence for his action.

No, he isn't. As I already pointed out, both he personally and his team are in a better position than if he hadn't stopped the ball with his hands. He is not paying any consequence whatsoever; on the contrary, he will now play the final or the bronze match instead of already being on a plane home.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well then Kenny is defensive about something. It's a game guys, relax. To each his or her own realities.

Fair call!

My son's (Aussie rules) team kicked two goals this morning - that makes three for season!

I'm cleaning up the kitchen before slathering ripe avocados on freshly bought/baked sourdough for lunch, Billy Jack Wills is blasting away, Bennie's on the Playstation and all is good. Could be a bit warmer here, though. After he goes back to his mom's joint, I'll be settling in with my doorstop tome on Pancho Villa, playing cajun/zydeco and catching what National Rugby League action I can, milking every moment for the joy it can bring ... before starting my very first five-day week for, oh, about a year and a half. Damnit - I done got used to three or four day weekends. :crazy: But the bills have to be paid.

The other side of the draw is weak. Dutch are not as strong on defense.

If the Dutch can beat Brazil's team, they can beat Uruguay just as well - as Suarez' action and most of all his behaviour afterwards - I think this talk about the hand of God is plain disgusting - they would deserve to be kicked out.

I think what the South American teams lack is real team spirit - Germany's former keeper Kahn, who commented on the game, stated players like Messi are not really engaged in defense or other actions beyond their main task. Now compare that to Klose ... German coach Löw really made a team out of this "boy group" as they have been called over here and set a new standard - my hat is off to him and the team. If they beat Argentina, they can beat anybody. I thought they could make it, but 4:0 .... fantastic!

By the way, when Cardoza missed the penalty kick for Paraguay, the referee should have let it be retaken, since several Spanish players had already run into the penalty area when Cardoza hit the ball. This was the very reason the referee let the second penalty kick, where Alonso scored, be retaken, but it should have been done also for Cardozo's penalty kick, as the replay clearly showed. 1-0 for Paraguay there and we would have had a very different match situation.

Bad move of the octopus, if he is right I can predict a tasty octopus salad with potatos, olives and capers. Though Angel Merkel has already contacted the Rolling Stones manager, she wants Jagger publicy supporting Spain. Clinton agreed too.

It will be a good final. Nice to see two teams competing for the cup who have never previously won it, for once.

I got the impression that Spain gradually wore the Germans down, which came good in the second half. Crafty !

Edited by sidewinder

I cross my thumbs for the Spanish team - the way they played yesteerday, they deserve the championship! Before the game I thought this would be a though one - but that Spanish team is playing together for almost three years now, and the Germans only two months! Hope our boy group will be there in two years, and beat Uruguay.